Fear can Ruin

" a person who cannot give up anything can change nothing "

...

     "Give me a break, man! Naruto's not even on the test!"

     Akako tried to keep her eyes on her paper as she found it hard not to at least giggle at Terasaka's exclamation. When Koro-Sensei directed her to focus again, she took a deep breath before returning her attention to the things her thin version of Koro-Sensei frequently pointed out in her Japanese classwork.

     Well, she tried. Now she was sneezing.

     Doubling, tripling himself around the room was their teacher springing from student to student to tutor them for the first midterms of the year. Because this was Akako's first time, she hadn't been entirely sure what to expect. Everyone's reactions days prior were enough to make her a little nervous. She was well aware that she was doing good with her studies, but of course, this school was simply on a whole other level! It was harder to confront the struggles when it was so in everyone's faces how much more difficult the tests would be considering their positions.

     That's why Koro-Sensei's tutoring was so much more helpful. His encouragement and thorough check-ups on them throughout the entire sessions was an absolute relief for Akako. It was such steady support that she could use on her way up to the Top 50, something that their teacher was very clearly aiming for despite the lack of enthusiasm from the students.

     A couple minutes after she successfully finished her Japanese, Koro-Sensei switched her papers to a math worksheet. She scanned the pages and immediately felt hesitant compared to the bursts of energy she'd been expressing with the other subjects.

     "Do I really have to spend this much time on math?" sighed Akako. Koro-Sensei chuckled as he watched her start on the problems anyway. The beginning problems were okay for the most part.

     "Nurufufu~ I'm afraid so, my dear! All your subjects are in the high eighties except for math and Japanese. A little practice wouldn't hurt, now would it?"

     "No, sir...Uh, actually can you-" Akako had only looked up in the next spare second and gasped, almost poking herself with her pencil as she covered her mouth. "S-Sir-?!"

     "Nigh it down, Karma!" The many copies of their teacher exclaimed, all of their heads shaped inwardly as if to avoid something. She glanced at Karma and saw that he was the one sticking a knife into Koro-Sensei's face with his tongue poking out at Koro-Sensei. This was what broke out the giggle this time to Koro-Sensei's obvious displeasure. "Akako! Don't laugh at me- focus!"

     She only smiled at her copy of him. "Yes, sir."

     For the next couple minutes, she scanned through at least two pages of math with a lot more pointers from Koro-Sensei than with her Japanese ones. From time to time she sneezed quietly to herself, finally worrying Koro-Sensei after a recent one in the middle of her third page.

     Koro-Sensei had a worried frown on his face when she looked back up at him. "Akako, are you sure you're not sick? That was quite a sneeze this time."

     "I'm okay!" exclaimed Akako as cheerily as she could after some sniffling. "Just uh... maybe it's the dust this time?"

     "Hmm...! I suppose that the dust clouds are getting worse as I'm moving around longer. Perhaps I'm not blocking off enough particles." She could actually feel a little bit of the wind picking up around her, fluttering some of her hair to her quiet delight. "But no worries! I'll simply have to be more careful with the dust around other students as well, then."