With Murphy's Law, It Can Always Get Worse

Start from the beginning

"How did it go for you guys? Don't tell me none of you ended up using them," The guy asked.

"Mine worked fine," One of the guys from earlier assured him.

"Mine did too, but my teacher seemed suspicious. You know how Mrs. Hart is, the cold witch," Another guy puffed out, "She really doesn't live up to her name."

"And you, Jay?"

"Never had to use it either," The guy I had walked with this morning replied. I visualized him with a smirk, leaned back, maybe with is arms crossed. The bastard.

"I smell an interesting story there. What did you do, Jay," A guy asked, "take the teacher to seven minutes of heaven after class?"

"Well, she did have me stay after for a minute to drive home the importance of punctuality and give a warning toward the future," I imagined his grin widening as he said it, and they all shared a laugh, "But it was actually like you, David, all thanks to that blind kid."

"What? Really?" David, apparently cried out before laughing. There was some movements and banging. I could imagine David with his head down, laughing and banging the table at how hilariously it was for a two for one combo. 

I found myself glaring behind my sunglasses, getting pissed off again. I had stopped eating at this point, the potato-ware utensil clasped in my hand being crushed, like my mood as he continued, "So, c'mon already! What happened?"

"So, the kid actually happens to be going the same way as me, and this thought blooms. We get to my classroom, and I have him wait while I open the door and tell the teacher he had gotten lost so I was bringing him to his class," The guy ended the sentence loud and proud, like the dick he was.

The group howled with laughter, the sound drowning out the rest of the cafeteria for a good minute, to me, before they finally shut it down to the intermittent chuckle, "Bro, that is a priceless story right there."

"So, what happened after? What did the kid do?"

"He just kept walking, like it was nothing."

'It wasn't nothing, dick,' I growled internally, hearing creaking coming from the table my fisted hands were on. 'I'm so sick of people like this. The world is filled with scum dressed like princes.'

"What? Really?," Someone joined in, "I bet he was trying not to cry or some shit."

'They gossip just like preteens at a slumber party,' I fervently thought, comparing it to what I heard before but was never invited to join.

There was silence for a moment, "Nah, I really just think he didn't care."

"Cool, maybe we can use him again then sometime," David spoke up. "We could even get him to assist us-"

'I am not a fricking mule!' I engaged my geiger perception, focusing it to the area where the guys were giggling away. It was almost just like I imagined. One of the guys, from the body-shape, was sitting on the table. His hair was longer. The other guys were big... Jocks; probably football players. I listened carefully to figure out who was who.

"Too dangerous for that, man, unless we got something more than fear to hang over him," The guy that had asked about the passes cut in, shutting that thought down. He was the one sitting on the table.

"Hey, what was his name, anyway?" I lost track at who this was or if he was new at this point, silently fuming as I was, but he wasn't one of the guys I had run into this morning. He sat toward the edge of the group.

"Uh, I actually have no idea," Jay replied, his tone implying that he hadn't even thought to ask. 'Well, at least it wasn't done purposefully?' I internalized, 'Yeah, my bullshit o-meter called that one. And it all sucked just the same.' His back was to me, one of the guys in the center with very short hair. He was hunched a little, but I was sure he was probably taller than most there by a few inches.

"You're kidding me! You screwed him without buying him dinner or even finding out his name?" Everyone cracked up once more. My face reddened, and I heard a crack, two of the support struts for my table were no longer connected, and the other two were bent. Damn. I carefully pushed it back into place, hoping the rest wouldn't break as I continued to listen in.

"Well, who cares about that, anyway?" Jay grumbled.

"If it is worth finding out, I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard. I mean, he is The Token Blind Kid. I don't think we have any other than him."

I was pretty had I not had morals and taste, I would have tracked them until they were alone and mauled each. I settled for looking around using my geiger perception to see forms not focused on me before I did something extremely stupid. My head began pounding hard, telling me that I had already been using it way too long, but I now had 'visuals' on the guys. This would be my best chance to scare that dog with a firework in revenge.

I internally mourned my sacrifice as I used what diluted power I had, being a hungry vampire, and took careful aim. My head began to split as I grabbed of portions of my food and quickly tossed several globs high into the air to slowly plummet and hit each of them. I did it so fast, that it hit each of them at pretty much the same time. While everyone laughed and the guys yelled in surprise, I quickly wiped off my hands and released the geiger perception. While what I did made me feel a bit better, my brain decided that if it was in pain, I should be in physical as well as mental. Therefore, my good feelings of vengeance slowly were washed away by replays of what those guys said. It didn't take long for me to fill that well of bad sentiment.

So, the rest of the day kinda blurred by in a haze of murderous rage. I was exhausted by the time I got home, and the days after almost mirrored the ones prior. So, I got ganged up on in the mornings worse than usual because the guy I had jumped on was embarrassed since his friend had ended up telling the story to the rest of their friends. And in the afternoons, I had those dumb jocks trying to cozy up to me and make me their gopher through any method possible. So far I've mostly been able to avoid them, especially since they feared the wrath of the lunch ladies. But I knew my luck wouldn't last much longer. I just hoped it lasted long enough for Brian to get his fill from beating the shit out of me and me to get my fill on something I could really badly use at this point. Blood.

Thinking of blood had my stomach growling that much louder. I hadn't been able to trust really anything in the kitchen fridges any more. Some of the foods I could carefully see whether they were good or not, especially by smell, but the last two times I drank the bottled blood supplement had me retching so bad that my stomach cramped. Thankfully, when it happened in the morning, I had gotten up extra early so I could avoid Brian, but it seems Brian still had the upper hand. He had put something into the bottle that I drank. I don't know what, but he had also been able to reseal the bottle, which meant that there were none I could safely drink. 

To rectify this, I got myself a fridge for my room and started separately buying my own supply from the money given to me monthly by my parents, though the first shipment wouldn't come until next week. I'm sure the money they had deposited into my account was a large amount by now, since I mostly only had used it to charge my student card for lunches, which thankfully meant using it for such items was well within my expenditures. 

'But no one else around here has to worry about whether they'll get beat up or get an actual meal. No one else is feeling so alone.' I shook my head at the stupid thoughts. What mattered right now was the fact that I really needed to go out to the club tonight to try to feed. If I was so weak that I couldn't do anything about some damn human bullies, what could I possibly do about vampiric ones?

So, I edited it and added new paragraphs and information. If you see any mistakes, please let me know! Cheers! Please comment if any of this is at all interesting!

And, poor Ashe, pretty much suckage right now, huh?