U

Umbrella - emu118

Blaine Anderson didn't know what he was doing here. Wes had insisted on dragging him out of the house, complaining about how Blaine never did anything fun, besides read Harry Potter books and watch musicals, which only counted as fun if it was done occasionally.

So here he was, sitting at the bar of some nightclub while Wes danced with a group of girls.

Finally, after almost an hour of Blaine sitting bored, it was announced that karaoke was staring and people could sign up to sing.

Blaine sat up quickly, looking around the bar until they landed on a group sat around a table. The group consisted of 6 girls and 2 boys, both boys rushing up to the stage and getting up onto it, grinning as they waited for the music to start.

The slightly shorter boy with a Mohawk started rapping first and Blaine immediately recognised the song as Umbrella by Rihanna and Jay-Z

"No clouds in my stones
Let it rain, I hydroplane in the bank
Coming down with the Dow Jones
When the clouds come we gone, we Rocafella
We fly higher than weather
In G5s or better"

Blaine's foot was tapping against the leg of his stool as he watched, waiting in anticipation for the taller boy with chestnut hair to start singing. Blaine's imagining of the boy's voice caused him to miss the rest of the mohawked boy's rap and suddenly the taller boy was singing and Blaine sucked in a breath at the beautiful sound.

"You have my heart
And we'll never be worlds apart
Maybe in magazines
But you'll still be my star"

Blaine grinned, nodding his head to the beat as he listened, closing his eyes before realising that meant he could no longer see the handsome boy singing.

"When the sun shines, we'll shine together
Told you I'd be here forever
Said I'll always be your friend
Took an oath I'mma stick it out 'til the end"

The shorter boy with the Mohawk began singing every other line with the taller boy and Blaine smiled appreciatively at their harmony.

"You can stand under my umbrella
You can stand under my umbrella
(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella
(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella"

Soon enough the song had finished and Blaine was clapping and cheering loudly along with everyone else.

"Talk to him." Blaine nearly fell off his seat in shock at the sound of a voice behind him which was clearly Wes.

"What? Talk to who?"

"The guy. I saw you staring." Wes grinned knowingly.

"I can't just talk to him, he could-"

Before Blaine could react, Wes was running towards the boy who was still making his way to his table. Blaine watched as Wes said something to the boy which caused the boy to look over to him with a look of shock on his face.

Blaine's eyes widened and he leapt off of his chair, rushing towards them, an apology already on his lips before he'd even come to a stop.

"Im so sorry, Wes is just-"

"Hooking you up?" His friend piped up, wiggling his eyebrows, "Thank me later, man."

"I don't want a hook up." The boy squeaked and Blaine grinned despite himself.

"I don't want a hook up either, don't worry. Wes is just being an idiot." Blaine held a hand out to the boy, "I'm Blaine."

"I'm Kurt." The boy answered, shaking the other boy's hand.

Yay for alternative meeting.

I really apologise. I feel so shitty rn. I'm just really mad and sad and emotional and tired and just feeling generally bad. But I really need to get this done before Christmas so.

I hope you can forgive me emu118 😬😂