"It's okay."
His voice had completely changed and was now was full of worry.

"No, it's not.... I'm so sorry."

"Liam... it's fine."

He didn't respond as he sat down next to me, staring at my face.

"Do you forgive me?"

I saw how serious he had gotten and was shocked to say the least.

What's up with him?

"Liam...of course I forgive you... what's... what's wrong," I asked as I put my glasses back on.

"I..."

He stopped mid sentence and stared at the floor.

"Liam, look," I gestured to my jaw. "I'm fine, it's fine... I know that you didn't mean to hit me that hard."

"I know... it's just... it's complicated... are you sure that you're fine?"

"Yea, a bruise may be there later, but I'm fine."

I stared at him as he sat there fiddling with his fingers. I scooted closer and spoke in a soft tone.

"Liam, are you okay?"

"No."

He didn't look up at me; I looked over at the clock and saw that Liam had about twenty five minutes to get ready.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

He continued to stare at the floor and said nothing.

I know almost everything about Liam; I know all of his secrets, and I know his insecurities as he knows mine. But the way he's acting is making me worried.

Is there something he hasn't told me?

I gently grabbed his chin and made him face me.

"You know you can talk to me right? But if you don't want to talk about it right now... it's fine... I won't force you."

He nodded and hugged me, taking me by surprise. I hugged him back.

I ran my hand up and down his bare back and tried to comfort him.

I don't know why he's acting like this, but whenever he talks about it, I'll be all ears.

When we were in high school and Liam would accidentally hurt me, he'd always immediately try and fix whatever he did, and he still does; I think it's adorable. Whenever some person tried to bully me, he'd step in and be like my little guard. I never questioned it, and I never will.

...

We were on our way to school, and liam was distant again, staring out of the window, not saying anything. Sometimes, I hated hearing him gripe about things, but I'd rather him complain than be depressed or sad like this.
...

As we walked into the school, I occasionally glanced over at Liam, and he'd have this blank expression; I hated seeing him like this.

"I love you."

He glanced over at me and smiled.

"I Love you too buddy."

He continued to smile, and it made me feel better.

"Forever and always," he said.

As far as I know, Liam had a good childhood; he never complained about his family or anything. Every time I'd go over his house, his dad wouldn't be there, but I'd see his mom and sometimes she had a scratch or a bruise somewhere visible. I never thought in depth about what might've been going on with his parents, being that I was a kid. Looking in on it now, it seemed as if his parents might've been fighting. But based on what Liam has told me, his parents just had a divorce solely because they just fell out of love.

Maybe the situation with his parents... might be a reason why he's so protective. Or it could completely be something different.

Just then, my phone vibrated.

"Hey munchkin."

I smiled.

"Hey Lucas."

"How are you feeling this morning?"

"I'm well... how are you?"

"I'm well. I know we just went out like two days ago, but I was wondering if you were free tonight."

I have work, but I get off around seven tonight, and I want to see him too.

"It's fine. Yea, I'm free tonight."

"Great ;)"

I put my phone back in my pocket and glanced over at Liam who was glaring at me.

"Was that your wet dream sex master?"

"Liam.... yes."

He chuckled.

"Awe, he's got you blushing."

I playfully nudged Liam is his arm and he wrapped his arm around my neck.

"Are you guys going out tonight or what?"

"Yea, we are."

"Mmmm, make sure you two use protection."

"What?"

"You heard me... munchkin," he smirked.

"How do you kn..."

"Sup faggots."

Liam tensed beside me, and I looked up and saw Jack and some other guy. Liam's grip around my shoulder tightened as he pulled me forward, walking around them.

"Hey, you bitches hear me. You won't ignore me!"

Looks like we are; get over it.

Liam whispered in my ear, "Ignore him, he won't do anything while I'm here."

I feel like I can handle myself when it comes to defending myself, but when Liam says that he's got you... he's got you.

"Ignoring assholes like that only makes them look stupid."

"He doesn't need us ignoring him to make him look stupid... he does that himself."

Liam laughed and hit my chest.

"There you go."

I glanced behind us and saw that Jack and the other guy were talking and glancing towards us; I hope they weren't planning anything.