Chapter Forty Nine - One Last Night

Start from the beginning

"I want to take hundreds."

"Do you have your phone?" Sherlock asked.

"Uh. Yeah."

"Okay. I'm giving you sole permission," Sherlock said, loudly, "to take as many pictures as you deem fit." Sherlock seemed high off exhaustion, and John didn't want to take advantage of that, but it was a full moon and Sherlock's eyes absorbed the light coming in through the windows. It made his skin a light, cold blue.

John took so many pictures that he swore that he broke the flash. That was okay, though... Sherlock looked lovely in the darkness.

John

"We should go somewhere, for our last night alone."

"Alright. Where to?"

"I don't know," John said, sinking down in his seat. "Can we just... go?"

"Yes." Sherlock smiled. "Ready to go on an adventure?"

"Yes." John slid into the driver's seat, pulling Sherlock along with him. "Get down. Your skin glows in the dark."

"Thank you."

"Shut up."

They drove west, into Baskerville and then back out again, all the way into the shops in the city nearby.

"Don't drive over here."

"Why?"

"Take a right."

"Okay..."

John looked down, at Sherlock, who was crouching on the floor, and he laughed.

"You find this amusing?"

"Kind of, yeah," John said. "I'm driving my stepfather's stolen car, and you're sitting on the floor."

"Yes, well..."

"Can you sit up? We've been out a while."

"I'll sit up when we're way out."

Sherlock sat up a minute later, but didn't talk until a lot more than that.

"Where are we going to?"

"I haven't a clue." John really didn't. He knew how to get to school, and how to get to Asda, and that was it. "Where do you want to go?"

"I don't know," he replied.

Sherlock

Sherlock wanted to go to Inspiration Point. Which, as far as he knew, only existed to grown adults that wanted to fuck in a car. (UMQRA.)

And he didn't want to ask John where the cool kids went to fog up the windows. Because, what would he think of that? And what if he had a legitimate answer?

"Do we have to go somewhere?" he asked.

"We have to go some where," John replied, taking a right hand turn.

"But do we have to do something?"

"What the hell does that mean?"

"It means... can't we just be alone together? Where do people go to be alone together?"

"I dunno. Um. Downtown?" John backed into a parking lot and turned the other way.

"That sounds nice."

John

They did get out of the car. When John got downtown, Sherlock wanted to do something other than sit in the car and make stupid googly eyes at each other, so he dragged John along to his favorite bookstore, and then his favorite Chinese place, and they ordered ribs. John had never been any of these places, even though this was the only place to go.