Chapter 7

I had my arms wrapped around my legs as I sat on the couch on the tour bus as everyone was chatting together

We had left the arena for the next city a few hours after the show and it was late now, but no one seemed to be tired. The excitement of the show was still going through everyone but they all knew they needed to sleep. One by one they all plucked off and got ready for bed, peaking out saying goodnight before they climbed up into their bunks and disappeared behind the curtain.

"I guess we should go to bed too?" I suggested, looking at Shawn as he sat on the other side of the table, he only needed to turn his shoulder to look at me.

"Yeah probably," he answered quietly.

Matt, Shawn and I stood up and began to get ready. The two of them let me use the bathroom first. Quickly in the small bathroom, I removed my makeup and then exited to find Shawn and Matt waiting in the back near their bunks.

"Night," I whispered looking at both of them.

Matt replied with a goodnight but Shawn only nodded and I felt his eyes on me. I'd gotten used to his long lingering looks but this one felt a little different. He wasn't just looking he was examining, something about me was making him give a deep look. Quickly I assumed it was that he was trying to figure out the situation of our sleeping arrangements for tonight, trying to see if he would be joining me. So reaching for the door I let my eyes linger much too long.

Once behind the door, I changed out of my clothes and into black shorts and a navy blue tank that had a little lace at the neck. If Shawn was sneaking back into the room I still wanted to look half nice, even without makeup.

Turning off the lights I rolled onto the pull out bed, which was just as uncomfortable as Shawn implied, and began to scroll on my phone. Quietly I was listening to the guys getting ready for bed as I waited.

The water turned on and off multiple times and I heard them chatting under their breath but was never able to understand, but it honestly didn't matter to me what they were saying because I was just listening for an indication on when Shawn would come sneaking back.

"Night buddy," I heard Matt say very quietly.

"Night man," Shawn replied from the bathroom before Matt jumped up into his bunk.

Now that I knew Matt was gone my heart quickened and I sat up knowing that Shawn would likely be coming back soon. I heard the water running and then turn off, making my heart jumped again, only to stop when I heard the water start another time. This happened again, and then again and every time Shawn did I grew a little more annoyed because I just wanted him with me, now.

It got to the point that I wasn't sure how long he would take so I laid back on my side and tried to relax but I was still listening too closely, nothing on my phone made sense.

Finally, the water shut off and stayed off, but there was no movement for a long time. So long in fact, that I wondered what happened to Shawn, but then I heard the bathroom door slide and my heart quickened again. I continued to wait for my door to slowly unlock, but it never did. Instead, I heard Shawn's feet moving away and then I felt like I heard him get up into his bunk.