Chapter Six

Percy walks back to his cabin, shoulders hunched like he was fighting against an unknown wind. He gets to his cabin and grabs his backpack, his money, and all the ambrosia and nectar he could find. He stuffs clothes into the remaining space, then sits on his bed. A knock at his door startles him, and he hurriedly shoves his bag under his bed. "Come in!" He shouts. Annabeth comes in, followed by Nico di Angelo.

"What're you guys doing here?" He asks, confused.

"I'm getting you two back together. She's clearly heartbroken and just... man, it was a cruddy thing to do to her."

"I'm so fucking sick of everyone saying that! Holy shit, you think I would do it without a reason? Do you think I'm a freaking monster or something?" Percy's eyes burn but he refuses to blink, choosing instead to stare at a spot directly above Nico's head.

Nico stares at him, shocked. Percy usually wasn't this explosive. Annabeth makes small sniffling sounds in the corner. She moves to leave, but Percy shakes his head at her.

"Annie, you need to be here for this." She looks scared.

"Percy, what the hell did you do to her? She's usually standing up to people! And kicking people! and-and"

"Yeah. Yeah, then maybe she shouldn't have stood up to Jake."

"Jake?"

"Tall, strong, girls think he's hot."

"... guys too."

"Yeah, ok."

"So... what happened?"

"Ask Luna. Or Flame. They saw it."

"Uh..."

"Not like that. Just- go ask, ok? I don't want to talk about it."