Making You Mine - 12

Callum drives us back to the farm where Grandma and Grandpa are sitting on the chairs on the front deck.

A smile spreads across Grandma's face as she sees us. "Did you have a nice afternoon?"

I walk over to her and kiss her cheek. "Yes, I had a lovely time. I never have any complaints when it comes to doing things with Callum." I look around the yard and see Clark's car in the driveway.

What's he doing here? I thought he was going to drop Lucy off and leave.

Grandpa's eyes travel in the direction. I'm looking at. "Lucy and Clark have been in the barn for a couple hours now. I think he's helping her fix up the bike. Apparently the chain was lose and Clark knows a lot about bikes especially the one that Lucy has."

I shake my head. "I guarantee when I walk into the barn I will find my sister making out with him." I walk towards the barn and hear giggling coming from inside it.

Opening the door I see my sister lying in the hay and she has the straw in her hair. "Hey, Lu."

She looks at me. "Clark was helping me with my bike."

A smile spreads across my face. "Ah huh." I walk over to her and pull the straw out of her hair. "You should get ready for dinner. I need to talk to Clark."

She walks out of barn and heads up to the house.

Clark turns towards me. "I wasn't doing anything with her. I saw the chain loose on the bike and wanted to fix it so she wouldn't hurt herself the next time you come here." He looks at mine and says. "I fixed yours too. The tires needed to be pumped and the chain was rusted, so I changed that too. I drove to the store to pick one up."

"Thanks, Clark. How much do I owe you for fixing the bikes?"

He looks up from the bike. "It's free, Cassie. You're Grandparents have all the tools I need here to do the labor free."

Grandpa opens the door to the barn and he walks in. "Do you want to stay for dinner, Clark?"

"Sure, it saves me going back home and eating alone. Can I clean up before dinner?"

"Yes, you can. I'll show you to the bathroom." Grandpa walks out of the barn with Clark following him.

I walk over to the bikes and look at them. They have new chains on them and he polished them.

After looking at the bikes I walk out of the barn and see Callum sitting on the swing looking into the front yard. He looks at me as I approach. "Your sister came out with straw in her hair. Do you think she made out with him?"

I laugh. "She told me she didn't, but I have a feeling they kissed and are afraid to tell me as I will make a big deal out of it."

He places his arm around my shoulder. "I don't blame you for keeping an eye on her. What are you going to do if she ends up becoming a motocross rider on a team?"

"I can't do anything if she follows in my footsteps." I rise and hold my hand out to Callum. "Let's see if dinner is ready. I'm starving."

Callum takes my hand and we walk into the house. When we get to the kitchen Grandma turns towards me and says. "Can you set the table, please?"

"Sure." I walk into the kitchen and pull plates out of the cupboard. Walking over to the kitchen table I put the plates in front of each seat.

Callum walks over to me with the cutlery in his hands and he sets them next to plates. "Do you want me to get everyone for dinner, Grandma?"

She shakes her head. "Not yet." She looks at me. "Why don't you two go upstairs and get yourself washed up for dinner."

I grab Callum's hand pull him up the stairs to my bedroom. I see Lucy's door open and she looks at me angrily. "What the hell are you looking at?" she slams the door shut.

I'll have to deal with her later.

I open the door to my bedroom and pull him inside with me. I close the door and look at Callum as he sits on my purple duvet cover. "When I go away. I've decided to leave my phone at home. So, you won't be able to contact me until the day the show starts."

He looks at ground. "What am I going to do when I bring girl's over to my apartment? My best friend won't be there to kick them out."

I move over to the bed and place my hand on his arm. "That's something you'll have to deal with best friend. Or you could easily keep your friend in your pants. That way you'll be fine to be intimate with whatever girl you find attractive in the house."

"Dinner's ready." Grandma yells.

I stand up and move toward the door. Opening the door I see Lucy standing with Clark and she's laughing at something he said.

Looking in my direction Clark says. "While you're gone I will stop by and make sure that the cars and bikes are running properly for your next visit."

A smile spreads across my face. "Thanks, Clark."

He grabs my sister's hand and they walk down the stairs. Laughing and talking about random things.

I follow behind them and when I get to the kitchen Clark sits beside Lucy. I walk over to the table and sit across from my sister, while Callum sits across from Clark. My Grandparents are sitting at the head of the table.

Grandma looks around the table. "Who's going to start the prayer, before we eat?"

Clark stands up. "I'll do it." He looks around the table at everyone sitting around it. "Thank you lord, for the food we're about to eat. I would like to thank you for the kindness of the lovely family I'm about to eat a meal with. I hope Lucy, Cassie and Callum make it home safe tomorrow when they head back to Los Angeles. Amen,"

"Amen," the rest of us say.

Looking at Clark I say. "That was a good prayer. Are you going to come to Los Angeles anytime soon?"

He shakes his head. "I don't have time to travel that far. With your Grandparent's help I'm going to make the racetracks more competitive for the locals and look for talent. Maybe, one day you can sign them."

A smile spreads across my face. "One day I will. You should keep in contact with Lucy and I about the progress of the racetracks. If you ever need help you could call me and I'll come out and see what needs to be improved on."

"Thank you." Clark says, as he reaches for a chicken leg. He starts piling food onto his plate.

I grab the spoon for the vegetables and pile it onto my plate and then I grab a chicken legs and place it on my plate.

Callum leans into me and whispers. "Is that all you're going to eat?"

"Yes," looking at my plate I say. "I need to lose some weight before the show starts filming."

Callum grabs my face and makes me look at him. "You don't need to lose weight, Cassie. You're beautiful the way you are. Don't listen to people when they say shit like that. They're saying things to get under your skin and you're better than that."

I used to be better than that.