Making You Mine - 10

I promised Lucy that I would take her to the bike track today and I intend to keep my promise to her.

She walks into the kitchen and see's me place some waffles on a plate for Callum and I. "Did you make enough for me?"

"Yeah, its in the pan now." I put ice cream and chocolate sauce on it. I slide the plate across to Callum who's sitting on the stool across from me. "I hope you like it."

A smile spreads across his face. "I'll enjoy anything you make, Cassie. When you took cooking class in high school I thought you were going to poison me with whatever you cooked."

"Shut up, Callum." I throw a paper towel at him. "My cooking wasn't bad." I pull out Lucy's waffles and place it on the table for her. "Can you do the rest?" I ask her.

"Yes, I can." She finishes off the waffles with ice cream and chocolate sauce. "You can sit next to Callum. I'll stand."

I move to the other side of the bench and sit next to Callum.

He uses the fork and pulls apart the waffle with it. He puts a big portion into his mouth.

"What time are we leaving for the bike track?"

"After breakfast. We're going to ride the bikes down to the track."

A smile spreads across her face. "I'm going to beat you to the track, Cassie. You'll be eating my dust."

I shake my head. "That's not going to happen, Lu. You're the one that will be eating mine." I put some waffle into my mouth and watch as my sister hurries to eat hers.

Looks like she's keen to get to the track. I have a lot to teach her on the track this morning.

Grandpa walks into the kitchen and he looks at Callum. "Can you help me on the farm until you go to the track to pick, Cassie up for lunch?"

"Okay," Callum looks at Grandpa and asks. "How did you find out about lunch?"

He laughs slightly. "The walls in this house are thin and I can hear everything you kids say. My hearing hasn't completely disappeared." Grandpa looks at the food on the table. "Do you have any left over food for your Grandmother and I?"

I finish eating my breakfast. "Yes, I do. Give me a moment and I'll get it for you." I take my plate to sink and wash it.

Grandma walks into the kitchen and she looks at us. "You kids beat us out of bed this morning? I'm not used to having guests up before us."

I hug her. "That's because we have a busy day ahead us." I kiss her cheek. "I'm making waffles for breakfast."

"I should visit you at home more often to get treats like this." She walks over to the kitchen table and sits next to Grandpa.

Grandpa holds his hand out to her and she takes it. He moves slightly forward and kisses Grandma on the lips.

"Aw, that's so sweet." Lucy says. "I hope when I'm you're age I'll have something like you, two."

I agree.

Callum pushes his seat back and stands up. He walks over to the kitchen sink and washes the dishes.

After breakfast Lucy and I head to our seperate bedrooms to get changed, brush our hair and teeth.

Lucy is standing at my door once I'm done. "Are you ready to go, sis?"

"Yes, I am." I walk out of my room and head to the stairs. "Race you to the bikes?"

Lucy and I start running down the stairs.