Chapter 8

Justice

"We will NOT accept violence in our school ! Expectally not from the governors daughter and niece. You guys will both be EXPELLED." The principle yelled to us in his office.

"What Why ?! We both defended ourselves." Liberty yelled at him while I just sat back in my chair chillin thinking about what was going to happen when I got home.

"Liberty please just be quiet." He asked her finally sitting down in his chair. Every since we've gotten in here he's been pacing back and forth.

"No this aint fuckin fair and the other girls might not be getting expelled. Our parents basically made this school and you expelling us ? Really you got life fucked up !"

"The other girls will be getting expelled also and please no cursing."

"Man fuck and this school. Y'all all some racist ass crackers that never wanted to see two rich and smart African American females go here anyway. Y'all will do anything to not have us here but it's cool man I ain't gone trip ! Imma walk out of this school proud with my head held up high because at the end of the day Im gone handle my own & never let no female or boy disrespect me and if y'all got a problem with that then y'all need to get y'all priorities skrait Ight ? But Imma just let our parents handle y'all."

She grabbed her bag and walked out of his office and I grabbed mines walking out with her right past the white girls in back of Liberty.We went to our lockers since they were right next to each other and got all our shit out since we weren't coming back. Then went to my car. I was beyond annoyed like my soul was just irritated. How you gone expel us for defending ourself. That shit whack I swear it's just cus were black.

"I can't believe that shit !" Liberty said getting into the passenger seat slamming the door.

"Me either my parents gone go off." I said trying to be calm about the situation even though I was just as mad at her.

"How they gone expelled us though ? If they ion expel them I sweah foe god imma act a fool. Burn this fuckin school down."

"They better expel them all we did was defend ourself."

"I just wanna go home I'm mad now. What fuckin school is we gone go too."

I tried to but in and say something but she just kept talking and ranting about the situation.

"I refuse to get homeschooled and the only other school is Crenshaw !" She yelled.

"You a damn fool if you think our mommas gone let you go there." I said to her.

"Yea you right."

I grabbed my Aux cord from my glove department and hooked it up to the radio playing lil herb fight of flight. After I dropped Liberty off at home I braced myself for what was about to go down.

Pulling up I didn't see anyone's car outside but my brothers. The butterflies in my stomach some what went away but I was still nervous.

"Mamma !" I yelled walking in the house. Just incase she doesn't know I want to tell her first.

"Damn girl what you yellin for ? Mamma got called to Florida to look over some case and pops went with her they won't be back to daddy conference on Monday. They said this is a little trip away from us." Joseph said walking out the kitchen towards the stair case where I was.

"Oh hallelujah." I said jumping up and down clapping this gives me to enjoy myself and do whatever I want for a whole week.

"Why what happen?" He asked which made me stop doing my happy dance and brought be back to the reality that there still going to find out.