.CHAPTER 9

oh, fire spirit
promise me, you will be there
and watch over me.

— ○ —

09 | n i n e.

Izumi was currently running down the streets, looking for the certain curly haired Uchiha again. It's been a few days after their intense ninjutsu training, and for now, she'd have to train and perfect those jutsus. Yes, she learnt them that day, but to be able to use them perfectly everytime, she'd have to practice a lot.

But as always, the girl got distracted because another certain jutsu seemed to amaze her.

"Shisui!" The brunette called the boy's name as soon as she saw him. He was training all by himself. Izumi loved this about him; he was always very hardworking. He has a few days off and he's using that to improve his already amazing skills.

"Huh? Izumi, hello!" He greeted when he saw her running towards him. "What's up? Have you learnt the new jutsus yet?"

"Well.." She sweat dropped, smiling a bit. "I can use them but they're not at their best form yet. But don't worry, I'll be able to use them perfectly in no time."

"Alright," Shisui chuckled. "So, what brings you here?"

"I want to learn the summoning jutsu!"

"Summoning jutsu?" He raised his eyebrows. "You haven't learnt it yet?"

Izumi frowned. She graduated as a genin earlier than other students, albeit not as early as Itachi. In this short time, no one really taught her the summoning jutsu. So she said, "No, I haven't."

"Alright then, I'll teach you!" The older said with a grin.

"Thank you.." Izumi was still frowning.
Shisui noticed it of course, and he understood why. She felt insecure about not knowing the jutsu after all this time.

"Chin up, Izumi." Shisui spoke, placing a hand on the said girl's shoulder. "Don't worry too much about it. Rather, tell me what animal you want to summon."

The brunette's expression lit up as she heard his words, and she placed a finger under her chin as she thought. What animal would be the best?

Izumi's Sharingan didn't really support her when it came to ninjutsu or taijutsu. While using genjutsu, she could use Shisui's crows. She could also use them for defense. So not thinking much further, she decided to choose crows as her summoning.

"I think crows would be the best," She said. "That way both you and Itachi could teach me how to use them."

"Good choice." The male winked and bit his thumb. He immediately summoned a crow, preparing to make Izumi's contract.

— ○ —

"I don't want to hear any of your nonsense. Just tell me how much progress you've made." A certain, black haired man spoke.

"I apologize, my Lord. We've made quite good progress. The target's entire background check has been done. It definitely has a completely different type of kekkei genkai." The man's one of many minions said. "This kekkei genkai was seen before, quite a few years ago, but that was a result of an experiment. This one, however, came out completely naturally so chances are this one is stronger."

"Are you sure it has the visual prowess?"

"We can't be completely certain about it before the target starts using it. But considering its ancestors, it will most likely happen."