Chapter 5

XX Rexy

Chapter 5

Waking up slowly I realize that there are two people in bed with me. “Shye, wakey wakey. Come on sleepyhead, we have to get ready for school.” Colby said softly in my ear. 

I sit straight up looking around. Laughing Connor says, “Damn, that was funny. Maybe we should wake her like this more often.” I grab my pillow and smack him in the face with it.

He makes a grab for me and I jump from the bed running into my bathroom and closing the door. “We will be waiting for you in the kitchen Shye.” Colby said loudly from outside the door.

Listening I hear my bedroom door open and shut.  I hurry up through the shower and blow drying my hair. Leaving it down I get dressed in the outfit I had picked out the night before. Black skinny jeans, light purple bra and matching panties, white tank top and a darker purple crop top to go over it, and my purple ballet flats. I grab my favorite black hoodie, my purple fingerless gloves and my black and purple messenger bag and run towards the kitchen.

Just as I get to the door I hear Connor behind me, “where you going, Skye, we got to go. Alex has an egg and toast sandwich for you in the car already.” I spin around and sprint over to him and out the front door.

Jumping in the car I grab the sandwich from Alex’s hand and a juice box away from Lucky. Smiling I take a big drink from it and hand it back. Munching on the sandwich I start bobbing my head to a song that’s running through my head.

“You are so weird.” Lucky said as he handed back the juice. “Go ahead and drink it, it was for you anyway.” Smiling I take it back and close my eyes, waiting for the ride to be over.

I open my eyes as I feel the car turn off. Opening my door I get out and glance at the building. The school is not as large as my old one so I don’t think that I will have any problems with getting lost if I was to look around on my own, however, the twins will be taking turns walking me to each of my classes.

With one of them on either side of me we start walking to the front doors so we can get to the office. I look around at the kids scattered around the front of the school and can’t help but notice that a bunch of guys are staring at me and a bunch of the girls are giving me death glares.

I think to myself, ‘Hmm, wonder why they are glaring, I haven’t done anything. Yet.’ As we get closer to the office door, I hear a guy behind me yell, “Watch OUT!”

We all start to turn when, BAM!!! I get hit in the side of the face with a football and it knocked me to the ground.

“What the hell!” yelled Colby.

“Who threw this!” yelled Connor.

Colby bent down and helped me up. He turned my head to the side. “Wow, this is going to leave a nice bruise.” He said softly. I grab his wrist and with my eyes closed I point to them.

“Oh, Shit. Where are your glasses? Just keep your eyes closed Shye. Connor, help me find them. NOW!”

Someone laughed, “Here they are, but they won’t do much good. They are in pieces. Guess she has to be like the rest of us and go without.”

“YO!” yelled Connor, “Does anyone have a pair of sunglasses that Shye can use until tomorrow?”

“Here you go, I have a pair,” said a guy standing to my right. Someone grabbed my hand and placed the glasses into it. I placed them on and opened my eyes looking to see who had touched me. But everyone was moving away.

I pull out my phone and text Colby. –Who’s glasses am I wearing?- 

After hearing the beep, Colby read it and said “Let’s get to the office. I don’t know whose glasses these are but I will find out.” He opened the office door and pulled me through.