Are we really dangerous?

"I'm not your ally," the human boy spat out.

The large beast moved its tail back and forth in silence. Watching, as he was red with rage, a fire burning in those cognac orbs. His shoulders heaved fiercely, "Say something damn it! I know you can speak so do so, you are disrespecting me by not!"

Standing up completely on four giant muscular legs, the dragon towers over the male. "You think you are above me still? I have lived in these lands longer than the oldest human in your clan." A booming female voice shakes the males chest cavity making him shrink back. "If I choose not to acknowledge you then I will not do so. You choose to come with me, did you not?" The beast stares so deep into his eyes she could see the very soul behind them.

He stares at this oversized lizard in wonder.... and anger. It was a rare sight to see one so close, more so to hear the voice of one. He knows that this beauty is above him in ranks, but backing down was not an option. It was never an option anymore. "Yes I did agree to come with you. Though I was not informed that I was agreeing to talk to something containing so much honor and danger." His voice sounding like a mouse next to her. The iridescent black scales shimmer as she sits on her hind legs, the large tail wrapping around her front, "Excellent, you understand your rank here. I made sure you were not informed of me as to avoid anyone following you. To the real reason I would like to talk to you would be because of some talk going around my clan."

"This does not involve me beast, I do not allow my clan to associate with anyone on your side of the valley."

"Oh but it does, a village of mine was attacked. The humans left alive but anyone even resembling a dragon, were killed. Your clan is the only one able to get into my villages. Whoever it is of yours needs to be detained by you, or I will be forced to make a move on them." Her voice echoes loudly. He kneels before her, as the leader it was his duty to make sure peace is kept between the two clans, "Yes beast, I will find the source. But do remember I will never be an ally to the likes of you. I keep the peace only for my people to live. The world could do with less lizards around."

A low rumble erupts from her throat, "Watch it, I am your way out of here. But I will do a good act and help you out despite the way you have disrespected me."

Suddenly her body shrinks front legs forming human arms, her skull forming a human one and her scales fusing to form skin. The only things left to remind of her natural form are the two horns atop her head with smaller versions of her onyx iridescent pointed ears, and a sleek spiked tail.

He was amazed, he'd never seen a dragon or a dragon transform into their humanoid form. Her skin was pale as snow; blue-black hair flows freely down her shoulders framing her face with side swept bangs covering up one of her almost glowing magenta eyes. These beings were majestically dangerous in both forms. Clad in purple armor covering her chest and her sides down to her feet, but revealing her back and stomach she stretches, "It's been almost one hundred years since I last was in this form. It is one of the most energy using things to my kind; once we are human we have to wait for our energy to restore to change back. It is a pity really."

She walks up to the man tracing her pointer finger along his face, her armor claws tickling him. He shoves her arm away, "I will not be touched by a disgusting reptile, Human or not. Let us go now." She turns annoyed and walks away down the cave hallway.

With every step her boots clank the ground, him following close behind. "Oh and by the way beast, you stated you would do a good act for me to let me out of here. It was not by choice, you have to let me out or you'd continue losing people. You are a foul creature, you do not know what good is." He retorts at her.

"Oh but you do? You see me as foul and horrible but didn't you realize we, my people, think the same of you. We have watched the wars between the humans, watched countless die over a simple disagreement. We have watched your governments go down in flames as you mortals rebelled against someone," She states in a monotone voice, "I have watched longer than most what you mortals do to each other because talking was not an option in your minds. Even now, after the world withered away for decades and was rebuilt by the new generations you beings would rather fight over a square foot of land. My kind have never had a war, and we do not kill one another. A disagreement turns into a small argument, and then our counsel is notified and they resolve it through words."

She stops as we approach the exit of the cave and looks at me, "You say we are horrible foul monsters because we are bigger than you. But also because you know we can swallow you whole and take over everything you have created, you are scared of us. Of what we could be but have never been. Humans are the monsters in our culture because we were hunted after revealing ourselves for our scales or furs or spikes. We were only trying to make peace between the species, but you do not depend on what we do. War and bloodshed is your only solutions, while we use our intelligence and words to survive together.

 So please tell me: Are we really the bad ones?"