~Chapter 5~

Saruhiko lead the temperamental red clan member deeper into the library of Scepter 4. Yata was still completely awestruck at just how much information the blue clan was holding onto. How much did they really tell the other clans when they asked for help? How much did they hide...? This was destroying what tiny little bit of trust Misaki had for the blue clan. Which, was next to none to begin with. 

Yata's gaze fell on the back of Fushimi's head as they continued to walk. Where on earth was Saruhiko taking him? This walk was taking a very long time...Yata felt a sick feeling boil in the pit of his stomach. The red head teen felt a shiver run down his spine as the sick feeling suddenly spiked in his chest. What was going on with him? 

His thoughts kept going back to that book...That thick, leather bound book with his name scrawled on the spine of the book in gold lettering. What was even written in there? For all he knew every little embarrassing secret about him could line the pages. He knew who exactly to blame if that was the case. 

Fushimi would have the perfect reason, he thought. Abandon Homra...then run to Scepter 4 and write every little dirty secret in that book and call it "classified" information. The sick feeling in Yata's stomach began to turn into seething anger. He clenched his fists hard enough that his knuckles turned as white as paper. 

The fuse of his anger was cut short as he found himself running into the back of someone. He looked up and saw that Fushimi had stopped walking. Yata's thoughts had distracted him and he hadn't noticed the ravenette's sudden halt.   

"Hey! What's the big idea, monkey?" The firey teen snapped at the taller boy and shot a glare up at him that could cause him to drop dead in an instant. Fushimi simply glanced down at him with his usual unamused expression. "We're here." He said plainly. They had reached the section on this mystery clan. 

The size of it was nothing compared to the vast amount of books that had lined shelf after shelf. There was one shelf, and all that sat there was a single, decent sized black leather book. Yata stared at it in complete disbelief. All of this... a treasure trove of information on essentially anybody you could name but...This was it...? This single book? He couldn't believe it. 

"Are you serious?"  Misaki murmured, looking at Saruhiko. "This is it? THIS is IT?!" He growled and clenched his fists tightly once more. "Even we aren't able to do everything, Yata." Saruhiko replied with a plain tone. He called him Yata...That name, coming from his mouth. Yata would have shot up had he been sitting at that moment. 

"You have all of this other information and this is all you have on this mystery clan?! I don't get it!" 

"Others may be better at concealing information then others. Why is that so difficult for you to process? Have Mikoto's flames killed your brain?" Fushimi was back to his old self. An evil smirk plastered on his face as he met the golden eyes of his now livid enemy. 

"That's it. I'm not dealing with this. I'm gonna tell Anna to send someone else because I refuse to give myself a migraine dealing with your bullshit, Saruhiko." Yata growled, pure spite coming from his mouth like snake venom. He turned on his heel and stormed back the way they had come in, passing by the Homra section in the process. 

He skidded to a stop and took a step back. He looked behind him...Fushimi wasn't following him. He took his chance. He slipped between the sets of shelves and found the book with his name. He snatched it up and tucked it carefully under his arm. Yata stepped out into the open once again, checking one last time to make sure he wasn't being followed. 

Nothing. Everything was empty, and quiet enough to hear a pin drop from a mile away. He took a deep breath and made a beeline for the door, his eyes darting around nervously. He half expected Fushimi to pop out of nowhere and grab the book from him again. Yata wasn't about to let this chance slip away. He needed to know just what was written in this book. 

He slipped out of the entry doors for the library and began to speed walk down the hallway he had followed Fushimi. His heart was racing. He was anxious he would be caught and his mind was flooded with thoughts about what he would possibly find in the book under his arm. For all he knew it could just be a boring set of normal facts like his height, age and things like that. 

Ooh his height...What if they asked Fushimi and he told them that Yata was only five feet tall? Or less?! He would hunt that monkey down and ring his neck...

Yata had at last reached the door. His face lit up with a victorious grin and as he pushed his way out of the front door and back onto the concrete sidewalks that had lead him inside that torture zone. Misaki dropped his beloved skateboard to the pavement and jumped on, kicking off with nervous excitement and lingering anger. 

He still had to tell Anna he couldn't do it...Fushimi was just too much to handle. The red king's voice echoed in his head.

'This information could mean the survival or destruction of  both of our clans...'

'Yata please.'

He shook his head and gritted his teeth, almost like he was trying to shake her voice out of his head. He couldn't go back and face her...The guilt was already gnawing away at him like a disease. He didn't know where he was going to go...He wasn't going back to the bar...and he most definitely was not going to turn and go back to Scepter 4.

He had a book that he had stolen...He would be in so much trouble. Yata took a deep breath in an attempt to compose himself. He decided to stop at the first place he came across...An alley. Empty, dimly lit, and quiet. 

'A perfect place to get myself together...'