~Chapter 4~

Yata followed Fushimi into the main building of the Scepter 4 headquarters. He couldn't believe he was doing this, following Saruhiko. Into the base of his rival clan. He felt so disgusting. He felt wrong and...just...Gross. He looked around as they passed by person after person clad in the disgustingly eyecatching bright blue uniform of the Blue Clan. 

Naturally, the short redhead caught the attention of more than a few of these special operations soldiers. Compared to his clan, the Blues seemed so rigid and cold. Not any sliver of freedom or anything like that could be felt in the air. All of them...Every single one. Sitting around like dogs awaiting a command from their master. 

Yata could barely contain a scoff of disgust as he passed yet another person dressed in sapphire blue. "Disgusting..." He growled, not caring one bit that the soldier in question heard him and turned his head to look at the teenager. Misaki has always been one to speak his mind, if it got him in trouble, he always found a way around it or some way to repair the damage it had done...Well, for the most part. 

The taller man who strode proudly in front of him was the constant reminder of the one exception to the way he typically acts. That's only natural...Isn't it? The fabric of their relationship hadn't just been torn...It had been burned. Yata threw his book of memories into the back of his mind to rot and burn in his anger and spite. 

A few thoughts began to creep into his mind as he continued to follow behind his former best friend. Was all of this just an uncalled for mess...? Is Yata just being a selfish kid who lost his best friend out of jealousy and his own stupid blindness...? He gritted his teeth and clenched his fist as he continued to walk. This was stupid. What was going on in his head? Why these kinds of thoughts, now of all times? 

Perhaps...The regret was really start to hit him hard the longer he was with Fushimi. Most times he would always block out these feelings because he was fighting with the Blue Clan member... His anger was always covering up the pain and regret he felt, which only served to magnify the anger and make him fight even harder...It was a vicious cycle he never seemed to be able to escape. He always let it loop back around to being anger. Always anger. His entire aura was fueled by his anger. 

The flames were constantly gnawing at his mind and breaking him down to the point where he almost felt like he wanted to just curl up in a ball and cry for hours. Other times, it would make him so angry that he felt like he could fight all six opposing clans on his own and win. Maybe he is just becoming...Overly emotional? He wasn't sure...

His stomach began to churn with pain, and nausea and so many other things. He was on the verge of a breakdown...But he wasn't about to let his knees buckle underneath him. He wasn't about to let tears sting and threaten his eyes as he gritted his teeth. Not on the cold tile floor of Scepter 4's home base. He would at least hold onto this one last shred of dignity. 

He must have been lagging behind,  because he was pulled from his thoughts by Fushimi calling his name. "Yeah I'm coming, I'm coming..." The ginger murmured in frustration as he quickened his pace to keep up with him. His gaze was fixed on Fushimi as they walked, and Yata kept telling himself it was just because he needed to focus and keep moving forward. 

He was here for intel only the blues could provide for him. That's all. That's where it ended. He bit his lip as his thoughts began to run wild again. Was he just here for information...? This couldn't all just be some elaborate setup, could it? To be honest, he wouldn't put it past Anna to set something like this up. Maybe she's just as sick of all of this as everyone else. Who knows what's going on in that little head of hers. She's always so quiet and mysterious. 

That doesn't mean that Yata didn't trust her, of course. 

Misaki was pulled from his thoughts and he and Fushimi at last came to a stop in a large, fairly open room. It was like a high-end library. Well lit, everything was practically cleaned to a spotless shine, and there were so many books it would make your head spin. "So...This is all the info you blues have stored up, huh?" Yata murmured as he stepped in front of Saruhiko, taking in his surroundings. 

"Physical records, yes. We have countless records of each of our members backgrounds, health history and family relations, information on every criminal we have ever brought to justice, each of the clans, their kings, and auras...You name it, Scepter 4's got it." The ravenette explained as he slipped his hands into his pockets and watched the skateboarder wander around in awe. 

Yata walked up to the bookshelf closest to him and began to skim the spines of the books to see what they said. Fushimi was right...All in one row was the information of one member of Scepter 4, everything from where he was born, to his favorite place to eat. Both boys began to wander around, Fushimi keeping an eye on the curious Yata to make sure he didn't break anything. 

At last he came across the section with HOMRA's information...First in line was, of course, the first red king, from the time of his birth to the time of his death, and the Kagutsu crater incident. Then Mikoto...More of the same...Yata couldn't help but wonder how much was really written about Mikoto's death...Since the Blue King himself, Reisi Munakata was responsible. Now was  Anna, who had taken her place as the king. 

Every member of the red clan was here...Izumo, Rikio....and Yata himself...He bit his lip and reached for the first book in his records. He was kind of curious what all was written down about him...He gasped as the blue soldier snatched the book away from him with a huff of annoyance. 

"HEY! what's the big idea, monkey?" The redhead snapped and growled at him. Fushimi looked at him with a cold, blank expression. "These records are for authorized personnel, only." The ravenette murmured, never breaking his gaze away from the shorter boy. Yata narrowed his eyes. He was calling absolute bull on what he had just heard come out of Fushimi's mouth. 

He opened his mouth to object to what he had said, but quickly closed it. He was on a time constraint...At least he was pretty sure that he was. He let out a deep sigh along with the roll of his eyes. "Fine, whatever you say." Yata murmured, the annoyance and suspicion clearly notable in his voice. 

"Take me to where these damn records are of this fake clan then. I don't have all day!" He growled and folded his arms. "Yeah, yeah...Follow me." Saruhiko groaned as he slipped the book with Yata's information on it back in it's spot on the dark bookshelf. He sighed and began to walk again, looking over his shoulder to be sure that Misaki was right behind him. Something told him this was going to be a very, very long day.