Chapter 2

I don't know how they started - the endless thoughts that streamed in my mind.
It was almost intoxicating, the way they gave me goosebumps yet made me want to scream. I guess that's life for you.
It bites you.

To be honest, I wasn't surprised when I found my mutt of a dog, Jax of my bed.
Slobber streamed down on the sheets and I pat his fur awkwardly.

I always found myself in these situations, because let's face it - my dog has a better life than me. It seemed that Jax even had a good time when he was hung over from an overload of dog-biscuits.

I jumped from my bed and jogged down the stairs, already dressed. I guess I wasn't surprised when I saw my father waiting at the bottom of the stairs, like a bloodthirsty vampire waiting for the next victim.
I am a victim.
I am a victim of bad dad jokes and wait for it. . . being grounded.
Yes, that's right. But no, I am not going to cry you a river as my father will scream you a vivid picture of hell. 

My father came home to me, lying down on the ground, in a short dress, with what-was-supposedly a hickey on my neck. It wasn't a hickey but it sure looked like one. But anyway, as you can expect, my dad put me on lock-down.

Yay!
Note the sarcasm.

Unfortunately, even with me swearing to myself, he was still waiting.
"Teagan," he greeted as he folded his arms.
"Yes, dear father?" I smiled materialistically.
He shifted on his feet uncomfortably, "I want you back straight after school. Don't be late. Don't talk to Carly."
I nod.
"No parties."
Don't think I'll be invited to any, anytime soon.
"No boys."
Oh wow, I want whatever he's taking.

Boys? How delusional was he? I didn't even know the guy who basically assualted me.

I gave dad a quick hug and escaped to my car.
I immediately smelt mint and drove to school.

I wasn't surprised when I saw Carly at my usual parking space, leaning against her motorbike. She raised her eyebrows skeptically when I slammed the door shut. A
The cold breeze nibbled at my cheeks and Carly pulled at her leather jacket.
"Come on," she said repeatedly, "I'm cold! I'm freezing and you're slower than the Titanic in slow motion."
But I was surprised when I didn't understand a word she was saying. It wasn't cold. In fact, I was sweating because I didn't have the air-conditioning on.
What was wrong with me?

Carly gasped when we started to walk toward the school. "Oh my god," she said breathlessly, "Look at that."
I glanced around. What?
"Isn't he just so sexy?"
Oh. Right.
Rick Howard was standing by the front stairs. His dorky hairstyle hadn't changed a bit and he'd managed to wear plaid without looking terrible.
They'd been dating for a month now, Carly and Rick and yet I couldn't understand why they still act like each other's crush.
Seriously, every time they see each other: "He is just perfect."
"Oh my god, I love his hair."
"How is he so adorable?"

Unfortunately, I am faced with this every minute of the day.
Every.
Single.
Fucking.
Minute.
They both ran in for a hug and I found myself sighing.
Are couples usually this weird?
I mean come on, it's like Cupid is repeatedly stabbing Carly with his 'magic' bow.
Honestly, I'd say it's his ego.

I found my locker, spray painted with the word: slut.
Now, technically, this is the first time I've been a victim of the art of name-calling. Usually, I do the spray-painting but unfortunately, my situation with the obsessed biting-boy had seemed to travel. It's kind of funny when you think about it - gossip, that is.

You make one simple mistake, and bam you're the newest edition of High School Idiots. I mean, honestly, if you forgot lunch more than once, you've suddenly got an eating disorder.
It seems that school gossip knows about your social life before you do.

I quickly grab my books and head to class. And guess what? I forgot my homework too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Apparently, the point of class is to listen to the teacher and learn.
Shocker, shocker.
But since I've stepped into my last class, I've realised, I don't understand or hear a word my hag of a teacher is saying. All I see is gum flying around in her mouth (yes, she's that classy) and a dress (it looks like somebody has puked on it.)
Even though she's standing in front of me and talking to me, I can hear coversations from the back of the room.
Apparently, Jamie Hastenfield hooked up with a college kid.
Because I totally wanted to hear that -not.
According to the chick on the other side of the room, Kelsey's make-up is all over the place and her choice in nail polish is quote: 'gag-worthy.'
Greg Lester is listening to some weird-ass remixes and Hally has a strange addiction to clicking her pen.
All the time.
Yay.

A textbook slams on my desk.
"Miss Sally!"
Now I can hear her.
"Yes?" I smile sheepishly.
"Are you going to answer?"
By the time the teacher has finished her little fit, all eyes were on me.
"Uh," my nose crinkles, "Yes. The answer is yes."
"
So werewolves change because. . .. yes?"
"Apparently," I gulp, "You know, why not?"
"So the full moon has nothing to do with it? So it just mentioned the full moon for fun?" the teacher questioned, "Hmm?"
"Uh-"
"Detention, Miss Sally. I'll see you after school."

Lydia Stamford let out a giggle. So did the rest of the class. Because you know, watching the teacher's pet get a detention is just halairious. Oh come on.
I've only gotten a detention once
Maybe twice.
Oh, you know what, doesn't really matter.
"Did you hear she hooked up with Parker?" I heard somebody say.
"Teagan? You sure?" Another asked.
"Yeah, private school boys turn her on."

I spin around in my chair. My eyes find Holland Richie pointed her skinny finger at me.
Holland was bad enough but skinny fingers. . . that's annoying.
She's the type of girl that will 'be your friend' and as soon as you turn your back, BOOM, she suddenly hates you.
There are many words for this type.
Brat.
Bitch.
Fake.
But honestly, I prefer to put a little more effort in.
When reffering to this bitch to anyone, 'Bitchy Tampon' is her label. It makes sense though. Her hair is as red as a firetruck and she'll go anywhere to get in on the gossip. Anywhere.

I let out a loud cough.
"Oh," she grins, "Would you like a tissue." Pause. "Or a condom?"
"Miss Richie, you'll join Miss Sally," the teacher says.
Holland glares at the teacher then me. Seriously, she could be more deadly than a freaking basilisk.
Oh, if looks could kill.

Unfortunately, the teacher hadn't forgotten about my detention. My attempt to run out of the classroom had ended terribly.
The Hulk would have a better chance at escaping this hellhole.
The classroom cleared out and I found myself on hiding from the Bitchy Tampon.
And I wasn't alone.
Bitey-boy just walked in.