Chapter 11

"I thought you weren't going to do it," Rebekah said, talking about the kiss I gave Alec.

"Well, I have never ever broken a dare," I told her, laying down on my bed.

There was complete silence for a while until Rebekah spoke, "Hey isn't the dinner tonight?"

"What dinner?" I asked, getting up from the bed, walking to my bookshelf and grabbing my copy of Pride and Prejedice.

"The one with the Volturi," Rebekah said.

"Oh," I said, realizing that it was tonight, I think I told Elijah but he never said anything.

"Rebekah, Kol and Alexandria, come down, there is something that I need to say," I hear Elijah call from downstairs.

Rebekah leaves in a flash while I groan and take my time dragging myself down the stairs, I see my siblings gathered in the parlor.

"Yes Lijah?" I ask, sitting next to Kol on the couch and picking up the mug of coffee on the table.

"We are going to the dinner that the Volturi have invited us to," Elijah declared, making me spit out my coffee all over Kol.

"LEXA!!" Kol exclaimed, falling off the couch.

"What!?" I exclaimed, standing up, "can we not go?"

"Alexandria, I know that you aren't on very good term with the Volturi however we must not seem rude so we have to attend," Elijah spoke, giving me a 'you-shall-not-disobey-your-older-brother' look.

"Fine," I muttered, dashing upstairs to my closet and finding an outfit.

After about what seemed long enough, I finally set on a black mesh cut-out long sleeve bodycon dress and some black peep toe booties which had gold studs on them. After finishing my hair, makeup and outfit, I made my way downstairs to the parlor where I saw my brothers: Elijah who was oh so elegantly drinking something in his black suit, Nik who was 'gazing' at his painting and Kol who had a compelled redhead on his lap.

I heard clicking of heels behind me, I turned around to see Rebekah in a burgundy dress. Is it just me or does almost every supernatural being dresses in dark colors?

We drove to the Volturi castle in Nik's car. I wasn't that excited though, since I was thinking about the different scents in my room and the disappearence of my belongings. It seemed as if whenever I wasn't in my room, someone would come in and leave with something.

Usually the person doesn't leave a hint but this time, I discovered a note on top of my dresser two nights ago and my balcony door wide open letting the curtains flow due to the strong wind.

The note clearly said 'Better watch your back.'

I was in thought so long that I didn't realize that we had reached our destination and Kol was poking my face. The back door was opened for us, Kol got out first then helped me out.

F L A S H B A C K

I had just gotten home from hanging out with a friend who was also visiting Italy. I opened the door to my room which was pitch black. I turned on the light switch but nothing happened, the room stayed pitch black.

I could hear some movement going around in one corner of the room.

"Who's there?" I asked.

Silence.

"Give me a break," I muttered, "I'm going to count to three and if you're not going to show yourself, good luck finding a remedy for a curse."