☼ Nine ☼

It was Monday morning and I was really anxious to go to school. my plan to get Peggy to not like Lafayette was going into action. I walked into school seeing the same old people that I always see. I immediately zoomed to my locker and saw Lafayette leaning against it. I ran up to him, "Lafayette, I'm so glad you did get sick today!" I giggled, a smile formed on his face when he saw me. "Mon amour," He whispered with a sheepish grin, "I'm so glad to see toi!" I smiled, "Me too, has Hercules arrived at school yet?" I asked he shook his head. "Non, but moi has told him to come to your locker when he arrives." He explained. I nodded, "Then he should be here soon. Let's just hope-" But before I could finish, an all too familiar voice that made my heart drop to my stomach.

"Y/n, Lafayette!" I turned around and saw Peggy running up to us. Behind her, I see Angelica running after her. But before Angelica could reach her, Peggy stops in front of us. "G-Good morning Peggy," I said with a nervous smile. "Hey Y/n? Mind if I have a word with Lafayette, in private?" She whispers to me. I gulp and nod before walking over to the panting Angelica who was at the end of the hall.

"I'm so sorry Y/n..." She said as she stood up straight. "She was just way to fast this morning for me to catch up to her." Angelica was part of the big plan I had created for Peggy to fall for Hercules. I sighed, "It's fine, I'm just wondering how she's gonna handle it when Lafayette rejects her..."

Angelica's eyes grew wide, "He's going to reject her?!" She says a bit too loudly. "Shhhhh! That was part of plan B, we can't have Lafayette go out on a date with her when only Peggy is the one in love." I whisper. Angelica nodded, "You have a point..."

Not long after in the corner of my eye I see Hercules with flowers in his right hand. Just as he did walk in, Angelica taps my shoulder and points at Lafayette and Peggy. I feel my heart break a when I saw Peggy with her head down quickly walking to the girl's bathroom. "I'll go comfort her..." Angelica said as she ran to the restroom.

I turned to Hercules who has walked up to me. "Why did Peggy go to the bathroom?" Hercules asked worry clouded his eyes. I explained everything to him and by then Lafayette has made his way to us. Hercules sighed, "I was too late. Damn it! I thought I was right on time!" He mumbled.

I patted his shoulder in a comforting way, "It's alright, it's not your fault." I tell him. he huffed, "Sure...maybe if I arrived earlier she wouldn't be in the bathroom crying..." Hercules sighed. We all stood next to each other in an awkward silence for what seemed like forever. I was thinking about what Peggy would say if I told her I had a crush on Lafayette and he had a crush on me back.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the bell for homeroom rang. "I'll see you guys later," I mumbled as I began walking to my first class, Peggy did not leave my mind the whole time.

A/n:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! This chapter is a lot shorter than all my other ones and I would like to apologize for that. I've been having writer's block lately and last week I was really sick. I had to cut this chapter short since I wanted to give you guys a new chapter as soon as I could. I hope you guys did enjoy it and have a great day!