Never forget oneself

Start from the beginning

With a quick motion of his feet, the demon leaped forward and flashed straight to his prey. His wicked smile never left his lips as he put an end to their little game. In a quick second, he appeared in front of the teen –who quickly tried to stop from running onto him.

"And where do you think you're going?" The demon spoke, his voice was taunting, admonishing a possible death as he peeks into the frightened human's eyes.

Thereafter, he kicked the Loki to his west and watched the weakling be thrown a number of meters away from him due to his supernatural strength. Knowing that the human is finally immobile of doing anything, Natsu, then, wisely spent his time on walking toward his prey.

It wasn't that long when the devil was in sight for the human's eye. And in every step he takes, the scene from yesterday seems to replay in this dark void. The wall where he threw the mortal was soon visible in the shadows, the broken picture frames ornamented the tiled floor, and the bruise on the playboy's face masked him once more.

It was all too familiar for the royal demon, yet he did not show any emotion of familiarity nor rage at this recognizable past. His face, which showed mischief a while ago is now holding an impassive expression as he continued to walk toward the terrified human.

Everything seems like what happened yesterday. The only difference is that the very place is a delusional thought.

No matter, he might as well indulge in this.

And again, regardless of the darkness, the black pupils in his blood-red orbs contracted into slits which resembles that that is unknown within the humans' minds. Whilst this happened, the poor boy could only tremble and whimper in horror for witnessing that unusual change.

Then and there, the pinkette appeared in front the surprised green child. And before he let his prey escape once more, his right hand quickly grasped the boy's neck. With his powers, he paralyzed the playboy. At the same time, he raised his arm and clutched harder on the mortal's neck.

He did not even let the human struggle for his life.

"You really need to learn the meaning of strength, and the difference between us" he spoke as he lowers the human to his eye level. The mischievous glint in his eyes was long gone and is now replaced by death itself, frightening the student and making him refuse to look back at him.

As much as he wanted to terrify his prey for his own amusement and bring suffering upon the human,

"I'll let you choose, an accursed life or demise itself?"

===

August 1, Monday

"Fufufu~"

Lucy flinched, quickly halting from writing upon hearing the demon chuckle in the middle of his slumber. She looked to her right only to witness the pinkette raise his left arm as if he was reaching for something.

It freaked her out. Of course, seeing Natsu suddenly laughing wickedly and then raising his arm like that in his sleep is definitely creepy. But she shrugged off the goosebumps she felt since she knew that Natsu is obviously having a sweet time in his own little world.

Then, a small smile curved in her lips as she watched him retreat his arm back to his side, and watched him mumble in his sleep. As much as she wants to wake him up and ask him what he is dreaming about, she just completely stopped what she was doing and watched the demon in his slumber. She can't help it, he just looked so adorable when he's asleep.

Oh, but that thought alone quickly changed that lovely smile into a frown for it reminds her of what happened a few hours ago. With one last annoyed glare to the sleeping devil, she finally casted her eyes back to her awaiting diary. It was in the middle of the night, and Lucy can't sleep because of all that has happened. And it only has been a few minutes when she started writing on her diary.