Kiss Me on the Mouth (But Please Don't Bite) (TGCF)

Start from the beginning

He came face to face with the monster whose face was rapidly turning rotten.

"It is dead." Came a soft voice. Regardless of how gentle the person sounded, it still startled Hua Cheng.

He shuddered, heart recoiling.

Xie Lian sighed. He was the one who shot and killed the vampire. He crouched down, taking the shivering boy into his embrace.

Hua Cheng felt both hot and cold. This was the first time someone was willing to give him warmth.

It made his heart itch. Not only that, his whole body felt like millions of ants were gnawing on his skin.

"It's okay. Don't be afraid. I'm here now..." Xie Lian coaxed. He was an expert when dealing with this kind of thing. Hua Cheng was bitten by a blood-sucking being, so he transitioned into a vampire.

Xie Lian knew that it was best to regulate the victim's emotions. Otherwise, he'd turn into a ferocious monster and kill every living being he came across.

"You are safe with me." Xie Lian continued to cajole him.

Hua Cheng wailed in pain. It was hot—so, so hot. His throat felt dry. There was ringing in his ears, too; it was as if everything was amplified to ruin his senses.

This was a normal thing for vampires, though. Their senses became heightened once they were bitten.

"I-It hurts..." Hua Cheng whimpered against Xie Lian's arms. He wanted to believe what this savior-gege was saying. He seemed reliable despite his tattered white robe and a conical bamboo hat. Perhaps his pretty face helped Hua Cheng calm down a little. After all, no one in the world had ever smiled so gently at him—like his existence wasn't a curse.

"I know, but it won't be long now, okay?" Add the fact that he kept coaxing Hua Cheng, saying things like the pain would soon go away.

Xie Lian wasn't lying. He intended to relieve this boy. He raised his hand, ready to free ruoye. At the same time, Hua Cheng cracked a broken smile.

"You...a-are the only one who treated me...like a person." He stretched his smile even though moving a single muscle felt like hell. "Thank you for saving me."

Xie Lian's hand paused mid-air, his stomach knotting with guilt and unknown sadness. Just now, he intended to use ruoye, his silk band weapon, to strangle Hua Cheng to death.

It wouldn't hurt. Ruoye would gently wrap around this teenager's neck, and after several seconds, he would stop breathing. Xie Lian was a warlock and a vampire hunter. He was taught by his coven to never let monsters exist. They were a danger to humankind; their bloodlust would never be quenched.

However, Xie Lian made an exception this night. Ruoye was used, not to kill the victim but as a blade cutting a wound on Xie Lian's finger.

Blood oozed, and Xie Lian, with a thumping heart, fed his blood to Hua Cheng, completing the latter's transition in becoming a vampire.

***

When a person was bitten by a vampire, said person's heart would stop beating.

Hua Cheng's heart stopped seconds after drinking Xie Lian's blood. He died as a human and was reborn as a vampire.

At first, Xie Lian felt like he had made the worst decision in his life. His coven would not only chase him away if they found out what he had done, but they would also put curse shackles on him so he could never practice magic again.

Fortunately, Hua Cheng was different from those blood-sucking monsters. He was very obedient, perhaps because Xie Lian used magic to brew some potion that could tranquilize vampires. Anyhow, he couldn't take all the credit. Hua Cheng practiced self-restraint. He didn't feast on human blood, only opting to drink animal blood.