88. Happy Stories

Start from the beginning

"I'm gonna be grumpy now for whole day." I said and sat on the bike.

He started the bike and then waited.

"Let's go." I said looking at my side.

"Hold onto me." He said.

"I've got my hold on the seat so don't worry, let's go." I said impatiently and he shook his head.

Yup, definitely childish.

But I loved doing this to him. I glanced at my wrist watch, in about 8 minutes I'm sure I'll be driving this bike, I smirked.

"So, what other plans do you have today? Going out somewhere with Caroline?" He asked trying to start a conversation.

"Nothing." I said in a bored voice.

5 minutes.

"So is there anything you want to eat? There's a good restaurant on the way."
He asked.

"Nope."

Anything to drink?"

"Na da."

He increased his speed knowing that I'm damn scared of fast vehicles.

But I stayed quite. One or the other day I've to get over my fear. He was expecting me to stop him and I could see the look of surprise from the rear view mirror. I clutched the seat tightly till my knuckles turned white.

1 minute.

He turned the bike on the left side of the road and stopped abruptly resulting in me bumping into him.

Oh! I was wrong! It took him 7 minutes.

"Alright you can drive it but no speeding beyond 30." He said and I jumped from the bike smiling ears to ears.

"Okayy." I said as he deposited the heavy helmet on my head.

As I sat ahead of him his arms surrounded mine and I felt the warmth of his skin through his leather jacket. He showed me the brakes and gears which I already knew.

As he spoke I felt hot breaths on my neck making goosebumps jump on my skin.

"Did you hear everything I said?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"Ready? Release the breaks slowly and start accelerating but not too fast okay and if you feel the weight of bike too heavy then just tell me, we'll--"

I started the bike to cut him off because I already knew all this.

I can see in the mirror that he looked way too much surprised as I easily changed gears but never crossed the speed over 30. I took the turn easily, changed the gear again as the bike followed my actions.

"How do you know all this?" He asked in genuine surprise.

"What do you think I was doing when you wouldn't visit me during daytime for past 3 months? John taught me how to ride the it and--"

"He taught you how to ride a bike knowing how dangerous it is! When I meet him again he's gonna say goodbye to his nose."

"Come on Alec, I used to get bored, anyways where are we going?" I asked changing the topic.

"Turn left from here and drive straight till 5 miles and then stop the bike." He instructed.

We drove till our destination and then I stopped the bike sideways and removed my helmet.

"Where are we?" All I could see was trees through the length of the road.

"We'll walk from here." He said as he took my hand and started guiding the path.