Welcome Home, Mija

Start from the beginning

After another ten minutes we were home. I noticed a line of cars up and down the street. I wonder who's having a party. Once he finally found a spot, he parked and we both got out. When we got to the door, he allowed me to go in first, where I was bombarded by a rush of people coming up to me.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARIAH!!"

A large group of people, some I knew and others I didn't, came up and hugged me. I was shaken up, mostly because I was only back in the real world for two hours. Plus, I had forgotten it was my birthday. Sad, I know.

"Or as we like to say back home, feliz cumpleaños!" A Latina woman with a big chest came up to me, holding onto me. I could hardly breath and was suffocating, until Mr. Perez pried her fingers off me.

"Alright, Tía, I think she gets it. Leave her some room to breathe." He joked, quickly hugging his aunt. That was when someone pushed through the crowd of, I'm assuming Mr. Perez's family, to get to me. I was shocked a little, when I saw it was Trevor. He was dressed to impress, wearing an all leather outfit with Tim's on. There was a gold chain around his neck, complimenting the outfit, making him look desirable. He pressed his body against mine, engulfing me in a hug.

"Welcome back, Troublemaker." He whispered in my ear. My eyes widened. How did he still call me that, if everything that happened, wasn't real? He slowly released, making Mr. Perez's family awwe at us. My cheeks flushed red, and I tried to hide it. Mr. Perez and Mr. Lopez broke up the small gathering and drew the family into the kitchen and living room. Trevor and I stayed in the foyer, hearing the Latin music being played loudly in the kitchen, where Marcelena and all the other women cooked the food. The men shared laughs in the living room, along with the children.

"So you finally sixteen huh?" He looked at me, flashing his winning smile. I blushed, looking down and running my fingers through my braids.

"I-I gu-guess..." My voice was barely above a whisper. He laughed at me, and I just looked at him.

"W-What's s-so funny?"

"Nothing, you just sound so adorable. It's like you're barely a teenager."

I playfully rolled my eyes and pushed him.

"Sh-Shut up! I-I'm a junior n-now." I said proudly. He laughed again, and I did as well. He took my hand, and I feel my heart beat faster while my other hand got clammy.

"I know it's early, and you're probably tired, but-"

"Mariah, aye mamasita you're looking muy asombroso!" Marcelena ran over to me, interrupting our little moment. Trevor looked a little disappointed, but put in a kind smile for her. She quickly hugged me, then looked between Trevor and I. She ranted something in spanish rapidly, and we just laughed.

"Aye, you only been home for less than an hour, and you're already hooking up! Hmm, do you mind if I take her away for a while?" She smiled at Trevor, expressing her thick accent, and I could tell he was a little nervous. She pulled me away before he could even get an answer in. I just mouthed I'll chill with him later.

"There's our mija!" One of Mr. Perez's family members pointed to me, and brought me closer into the kitchen.

"I'm you're auntie, Tía Rosa. This is my oldest daughter, Tania, your cousin." I looked at the familiar face, smiling at her. She hugged me tightly, and smiled jovially at me.

"We are going to be the best friends!" She enthusied. I smiled at her, as she gave me her sunglasses. I gladly put them on, while the women continued on with their conversation. Tania giggled at my behavior then took my hand, and her bag, and led me upstairs to my room. She shut the door and sighed dramatically.