The Agony Of Hearts.

Start from the beginning

He wanted to make Nandini his, ever since he started to feel more than friendship with her. He knew she wasn't ready, but he couldn't wait anymore. For some unknown reasons he wanted to get her committed with him. And that was his biggest mistake.

" Sir, should we lodge a complaint? So that we can get Nandini madam back?" Stated Vishwanath's escort.

" Are you mad Raj?! Baby is out there and we shouldn't make her uncomfortable by sending cops after her! I'm sure my princess is safe! All her goodwill and beautiful heart would keep her unharmed. She would be back very soon! Drop all the stupid ideas from your mind and get the apology printed mentioning the ceremony would be done soon, but for now we've postponed the date." Raj nodded his head approvingly.

" And Haan , make sure that no news about Princess being away from us should reach the tabloids!? They're always behind us for some juicy stuffs and won't leave this chance to write nonsense about my baby." He dispersed him and went to his study to be left alone.

"Manik! Why are you not picking my calls since two days haan?" Cabir questioned Manik expecting a reason , as to why he left the hospital without even informing.

Cabir Dhawan, Psychiatrist by profession and a dear friend of Manik.

Being worried after seeing his bed empty, he tried reaching him through numerous ways. Finally tracked his mobile, and was at peace to see him in one piece.

"Why can't you leave me alone Cabir? You won't let me do what I want , neither would you let me alone! What do you want now!!" Irritated Manik spat at him expecting Cabir would leave after the not so warm welcome.

"Really Manik? After all that I know, you want me to leave you alone? You're crazy! You might end up doing ever more crazier stuffs in my absence." he quipped earning a murderous glare from Manik.

"So here I'm! To save the world from the Mighty Manik Malhotra. Dr. Cabir Dhawan to the rescue people" he bowed down dramatically as he was addressing the unseen audience. Manik was annoyed, he could just bang his head on the nearby wall.

" Done? Seen me in one piece right ? Now leave! I want some peace and alone time, with you around that's next to impossible." Manik signalled towards the door asking him to exit.

" I didn't know you'll get over me this early Manik! And here I was day dreaming to a forever. What a friend?" he face palmed himself earning a punch from Manik.

"Now if you're done with the drama, tell me why are you here? Did Dad ask you to spy on me?" he scrutinised Cabir expecting the same.

" Hmm. Manik, I've some news for you. Did you read today's newspaper?" he asked eyeing Manik.

" Newspaper? I've far more important work!" he walked toward the tea stand to help himself.

" So you didn't ? Ok!" Cabir was searching a perfect way to put this through.

"The engagement is called off!" finally he conveyed it without looking into Manik's eyes.

" Who's ? I didn't know you're going to be engaged!" Manik stated truly.

"Manik stop pulling a Cabir! He's far off your limits." Cabir boasted raising the collars.

" Nandini. I'm talking about her! Vishwanath Murthy addressed the press stating engagement is being called off for the mean time, and that it would happen after few days." quoted Cabir.