Alluring Exploration.

Drained.

Maan, who has been out for a while. Away from his empire along with his companion Kiku on a customary hunt, did not realise that he was stepping into the forbidden territory of the Rashtrakuta Dynasty. The dreaded kingdom, who were at loggerheads with his own for not succumbing to the almighty power that they were unlike the surrounding provinces.

Maan being heedless of the neighbourhood and the fact that they have crossed boundaries and landed into one of their significant foe was more focused on his horse Peggy, Pegasus. They have been out on the move for a day, enough to exhaust the supplies that they carried with them. At this moment all that he needed was water and some food to gain the spirit to trail their pathway and head home.

"Yuvaraaj!", Kiku's screechy holler made him roll his eyes in annoyance as he heard the footsteps of the horse close by indicating that Kiku would catch up to him any moment.

"Yuvra..Yuvi", corrected himself after earning a glare from his beloved home boy. "Just how many time should I remind you to not address me as 'Yuvraaj' Kiku? We are brothers, Have I ever treated you otherwise? Or did the old man, My father ever treat you so?" Responded Maan irritably.

"Yuvi..Maan", corrected himself before he could get another earful. "We have crossed boundaries. I am not sure where we are at this moment, but I can certainly feel that we are in for an unbidden greeting", presumed Kiku.

"Not a matter of concern at this point Kiku, We ran out of supplies. Peggy is parched and is gasping for some fresh air since we are out for a while. I am sure that is the case with yours as well"added Maan glancing at the vicinity keenly.

"The alley is greener, suggesting that we might come across a water source, let us replenish ourselves and trail back , call it a day.", deduced Maan.

"Sounds about right, the pathway on this map does suggest a waterfall, a bigger one at it.", rejoined Kiku eyeing the sketch as Maan dragged his Peggy along with Kiku's buddy to look out for the water fall.

"Oh Good lord!", wailed Kiku halting Maan. "What have we gotten ourselves into? We are in the Rashtrakuta dynasty, Maan! If The Lord ever comes to know of it, we are grounded! What if .. what if the ppl of this dynasty run into us before that ? We would rather be ten feet under the ground as an alternative."added Kiku being terrified.

Maan was contemplating their next move when he felt a tap on his shoulder, as he was about to turn he felt a slight grip and his gaze landed on the perched dove. Earning an astounded smile from Maan the feathered creature started to waddle on his shoulder.

"Here you are worried about us ending up killed, while the eternal symbol of peace finds a place for itself  on my shoulder as we step into our enemy's abode",beamed Maan as he lovingly caressed the birdies feather.

Caught off guard by the metaphor, Kiku walked forward to examine the harmless little bird to see if it has any messages written on it or if it was sent as a bait, the people of this dynasty are capable of harming to any extreme. He had this unsaid dislike towards them and the royal family that has made the neighbouring empires a puppet to their commands.

As he was looking out for any such indication , Maan's scrutinising peer discovered a long,lush tress as black as the witching hour. He pulled it off the delicate bird's foot, while the tress kept growing with each passing pull, invoking an unforeseen proclivity to run his hands over these luscious locks and to mess around with it to his hearts content.