masters of the scene I

Start from the beginning

"Luna?" her friend called. "They're calling for you."

Inhale; butterflies erupted again in her belly. Exhale. "Let's do this."

°°°

"You're an idiot."

"I know."

"No, for real. That was the most stupid, idiotic, ­creepiest – yet hilariously amusing-, thing I've ever seen you do."

"I know."

"The girl couldn't have run fast enough away from you. And her face, sweet baby Jesus; she looked so freaked out! I'll be very surprised if she doesn't put a restraining order against your ass."

"I know, Gastón. Cut the crap already."

His best friend surrendered, "okay, okay, I will." The 'for now' was unspoken, but Matteo knew it was there nonetheless. "Are we gonna stay here for the interview?"

"Unless you want to get mobbed, yes."

"Could be fun." Matteo glared at him. "Or maybe not."

He sighed, shaking his head as he flopped down on the couch the show provided. They had already interviewed him, the camera and microphone shoved on his face as soon as he had stepped into the lot, leaving him free to watch the rest of the show (and interviews) without worrying about his clothes, or make up, or watch what he said. Ámbar had left two minutes after Luna – or Sol, as the skating community and media knew her- had, still laughing at his dumbstruck face with Jazmín, who had to go back on set for her monologue; so now he was alone with Gastón and his commentary.

Ámbar and her cast would be on very soon, just after the Rollerband performed their song from the movie's soundtrack. Matteo made a mental note to ask Simón why he never told him who Luna was exactly, and to murder Ámbar for not saying anything sooner. The wicked witch had been keeping it quiet for a year, and never uttered a word about who her co-protagonists were, or the sort-of impact she knew it'd have on him... then again, his ex-girlfriend liked seeing him squirm and putting him in awkward situations, so to expect anything different would be like expecting a flying horse.

Gastón flopped down beside him when the commercials ended, and Jazmín's beaming face was on, her chirpy voice welcoming her audience back; first announcing a short preview of the trailer. Which, honestly, looked very good. 

He almost didn't recognize Ámbar, whom had died her hair brown and cut off almost all of it for the role, and who he had never seen do so many spins and tricks on skates before. A guy with black hair and a ginger girl were there too, offering dramatic one-liners and stunts that screamed talent. The clip, however, was eclipsed by Luna. Her spins and steps put to shame everyone else's – which if he was correct, was the point-, and while he wasn't the best at criticizing acting, he could see that the passion her character portrayed when on the rink was nothing but real. 

"Wow." Gastón's awed whisper came along his own when she did this specific trick – a triple axel, according to the person who acted as the commentator.

Then the clip was gone, and Jazmín called her guests on stage. The ginger girl was first, and she was all smiles and hand waves, followed by the black-haired dude, a cocky smile being his only greeting. Ámbar was next, and as confidently as ever, strolled to her chair like she owned the place, and everyone owed her their attention, an attitude she had mastered years ago. Lastly, Jazmín called Luna - or as he'd learnt, her 'stage name'- Sol Benson.

At first, Jazmín kept it cool and standard. She asked them all what the movie was about, how it felt to transition from skaters to actors and vice-versa, how they got the role, if they felt identified in any way, shape or form with their characters; and prompted the pre-scheduled question about an experience on set. As soon as the guy – who he had learned his name was Ramiro- finished his tale about a particular step and a fall, Jazmín did the best she knew to do.