𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

chapter thirteen
the mall pt. 2

Sadie and Jack made their way around the mall looking for something Millie might be interested in. Sadie knew Millie loved music and cute attractive outfits. She is also really intrigued by pricey makeup.

"Let's go in here." Jack says and walks into Belk with Sadie behind him.

"Do you think she'd like a necklace? Or maybe a cute ring?" Sadie asks looking at the jewelry section.

"Yeah, she wears rings all the time, and occasionally she'll wear a necklace." Jack says

"Yeah, but will she like it enough to be my friend again?" Sadie asks

"Dunno, we can only hope." Jack says and takes the prettiest necklace and prettiest ring off the rack and started walking towards the checkout counter. Sadie removes her money from her purse that she'd been saving for a while now, waiting to use it on something important.

"$32.50" the woman at the counter says with a smile

Sadie hands the woman the exact amount in dollar bills and change. The woman hands them back the presents.

"Have a great day." She says with another smile as Sadie and Jack walk out the door.

"Do you want to get something to eat?" Jack asks Sadie

"Sure as long as there's a vegan menu." Sadie smiles

Jack nods. "I'm sure there is."

***

Once Jack and Sadie got their food and finished eating they wondered around the mall wasting time, their mom was supposed to pick them up as six and it was five thirty. Jack suddenly stopped in his tracks and grabbed Sadie arm and pulled her the other way.

"What's wrong?" Sadie asks

"I saw those guys that keep picking on Sophia and I." Jack says and walks faster.

"They won't bother us." Sadie assures Jack. As Jack is pushed to the ground hitting his chin on the cold floor.