𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

chapter twelve
the mall pt. 1

Sadie didn't know what to do. She wanted her best friend back. She's tried to call her plenty of times, and texted her alot more. She never answered. Sadie knew what she did was dumb and mean but when your mad you do stupid things. She missed Millie.

At school Sadie would glance at Millie every now and then, try to talk to her in the halls but she was just ignored. She asked Jack for advice one day.

"Maybe you should by her a present to show her how much your sorry." Jack suggests

Sadie nods. "What if she's still mad?"

"If she's still mad after she knows your sorry then she shouldn't be your friend." Jack says

Sadie nods. "Okay, I'll do it... What do I buy her?"

"Hmm... I think we should take a little trip to the mall after school." Jack says

"I'm grounded, remember?" Sadie says

"I can ask your mom, she's never told me no." Jack smiles, Sadie smiles back and nods.

***

After school Jack walked home with Sadie and talked to her mother as promised.

"Hey, Mrs. Sink I was wondering if Sadie and I can go to the mall today?" Jack asks

"Sadie's grounded." Mrs. Sink replies

"Yes, I know but can't you let her out just this one time? Please?" Jack asks with a toothy grin.

Mrs. Sink debates for moment and sighs. "Fine, but be home by seven."

"Yay! Thank you Mom!" Sadie says happily and hugs her mother. "One more thing..."

"You need me to drive you?" Mrs. Sink asks

Sadie nods and bites her bottom lip.

"Fine, get in the car." Mrs. Sink says

Jack and Sadie run outside and jump into the backseat of Mrs. Sinks vehicle. Sadie really hoped buying Millie a present will help their relationship become close again.