Making You Mine - 3

Character card by @newsies-

Callum

I sit next to Cassie and read the fine print of the contract for Meet Your Equal.

Cassie and Callum are going to pretend to meet for the first time on the set of Meet Your Equal. If they ignore this part it will be a million dollar fine for breach of contract. Since the people out of your inner circle don't know that you know each other it's going to make this easy for us.

On set you will be strangers, but to the viewers you will be recognised as Best Friends as that's the way we want to perceive you.

"It's impossible." He looks at our Mom's. "I don't want to put on an act in front of the other contenders. Cassie is the most important person on my life.

Cassie places her hand on my shoulder. "I don't want to lie either, but we're already keeping secrets from our fans. They don't know that we're best friends and doing this might bring us closer."

I look at her. "Or it might push us away, Cassie." I run my hands through my hair before I yell. "You're going to see me with different woman and making out with them."

Cassie looks at me and I see a flash of hurt in her eyes as she says. "I already do that, Callum." She looks away from me. "It hasn't effected me in anyway."

I know it effects her as it does me. We're just too stubborn to tell the other how we actually feel. That's probably why we don't do relationships.

I shake my head. "It effects me every god damn day watching you hook up with losers." I stand up and he walk to my room. Leaving my door open I hear Mom say. "That's the most I've heard him say about a girl. You better sign that contract and get you're man."

"He's not mine. I'm willing to do anything to get him to see that I care for him as well."

I care for you too, Cassie and I'm going to show you that when we're on set of Meet Your Equal.

I look down the hall and see Mom leaning against the kitchen counter. "I'm looking forward to seeing you on tv with Callum."

Me, too.

Cassie stands up from the table and she walks away. The door closes behind her.

Mrs Tyler and Mom talk about how this season of Meet Your Equal is going to be the best one ever.

That's because Cassie and I are going to be on it.

I walk out of my room and back to the kitchen.

Mrs Tyler looks at me. "Cassie signed the contract. Now, we're waiting for you."

I look at Cassie's signed one.

Looks like I'm doing the show.

Signing the contract I look at our Mom's. "This is the last time that you're going to make Cassie and I do something you want. From this moment on we'll be doing whatever we like."  I give them the contract. "Can you please leave. I have a few things that I need to do before I go to Cassie's race tonight." Walking to my room I pick up my workout bag and put it over my shoulder.

Our Mom's walk out the front door with me.

As I close the door I see Cassie's door closed and there's a Do Not Disturb sign hanging from the handle. Whenever Cassie doesn't want company she puts the sign on the door to keep people away.

The first time I saw the sign on the door I was stupid enough to knock on the door and she threw an egg at my head and it broke. I was covered in egg and the hall was as well. I had to scrub it clean. From that moment the sign means to stay away and if you don't you're in for trouble.