Chapter 1 - how it all began

(1 month earlier)

Lights pov

My parents and I were at home just minding our own business.....sheesh they just got back home from their trip and they said they needed to talk to each other about something personal.....well can't say I can be nosy.....they were in their room while I looked at the window in the living room....I wondered to myself, hmm....well it sure is a nice day on Angel-Island today.....hmm...I'm only 4 years old and already I'm having an okay vocabulary....then I saw daddy coming out of their room and went outside. I coulda sworn he had a stressed look on his face but that's when I heard my mommy yell out for me, LIGHT SWEETIE!! CAN YOU COME HERE PLEASE?! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT SOMETHING! I yelled back, OKAY MOMMY!! I walked towards my parents room but when I reached my parents room he wasn't there....I thought, huh?...where's mommy?

Sonics pov

I told Knuckles that I'm pregnant again....I figured he didn't take it well....he looked at me and left me alone without saying a word.....I may need to tell Light about this....I yelled for him, LIGHT SWEETIE!! CAN YOU COME HERE PLEASE?! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT SOMETHING! He yelled back, OKAY MOMMY!! but faith had different plans a voice that I wasn't able to recognize came up from behind me said, so....your having another child.....huh?....That changes everything.... *I was gonna turn around but he covered my mouth with his hand and grabbed my left wrist & put it behind my back I attempted to struggle but he whispered* uhh uhh uhh if you stress you might kill your baby.... *he's right if I try to do anything I might hurt our baby I gave up as he placed something on the floor & then we teleported*

Knuckles pov

Sonic told me he was pregnant again.....I looked at him and left without saying a word and went outside....but I think I made a mistake for leaving him without saying a word....it's not that I didn't want the baby it's just that I was surprised....that Sonic was having a baby but a surprise.....maybe once I should tell Sonic I'm sorry and said I was surprised....he probably thought I didn't take it well....I walked back inside and saw my son Light walking down stairs and asked, hey dad where mommy go? I was confused but I asked, huh?....Light isn't your mom upstairs in our room? He shook his head no and said, well no....you see he told me that he needed to talk to me but when I went your room he was gone....my eyes widened as he said gone....I told him, Light you wait here and don't go anywhere okay? My son said, yes dad.... I went upstairs and saw he was gone and the only thing I saw was a note and the ace of hearts card.....it reads:

Attention Guardian: I am holding your sweet wife and unborn child prisoner if you ever want to see him again you must follow my trail of cards....for example the ace of hearts represents your love for him....come and get him stupid Guardian....

Dam it....there was no way it was Enerjak....I already beat him to death....unless....*gasp*....Dr. Finitevus....I shoulda know that insane quack would carry out Enerjaks plan.....he's probably the only accomplice for Enerjak......I haft to rescue Sonic and my unborn child before it's too late.....but first I need to drop off our son at Tails place next week and get everything ready to save my wife....there's a possibility that quack will take him too......I can't have put our child at risk....I dropped him off at Tails place....as I knocked on the door I said to him, you be good for Tails okay? He nodded and I ran to save Sonic.