RUMOURS

real life

THE coffee shop that Brett and Liam used to go to all the time was practically empty when he walked inside

THE coffee shop that Brett and Liam used to go to all the time was practically empty when he walked inside. The only people that were there looked like they wanted to be anywhere else in the world right now.

Liam walked up to the counter asking one of the employees for his usual and she gave him a small smile before going to make his drink. He waited for a few minutes until she came back and handed him his coffee. He slide the money towards her, giving her a grin of thanks and walked to Brett and his usual booth.

Not a lot of time passed by before he heard the door open again, the bell above dinging as it signaled that someone was here.

Brett ordered, walked over to the table and sat in the booth across from Liam. He smiled at him. "We haven't hung out in a long time." He said, breaking the awkward silence that was resonating between the two.

"Yeah, I know. This place seems like it's about to go under, though." Liam replied.

Brett nodded, taking a sip of his coffee, his eyes never leaving Liam's. It made him feel uncomfortable, because he was looking at him the way Theo did.

"So, uh," the younger boy started, "what had Hayden been saying?"

He rolled his eyes at the name of the girl. "She's been spreading rumours about your boyfriend. Reputation ruining rumours." He said. This made Liam angry, he wanted to rip her throat out for even talking about Theo.

"Like what?" He asked through this teeth.

"Apparently Theo is into hard drugs and that's why he actually got into trouble in Colorado. She said his story about the street racing was just bullshit because he didn't want anyone to know the truth. She said and I quote 'but I do and soon everyone will know the real story.'" He finished, taking another sip of his coffee.

Liam groaned in annoyance. "Why does she have to be so petty? She's always trying to ruin my happiness."

"Tell me about it. When you and I were together, she tried telling me that you didn't really love me and that you were just using me because you felt lonely." He chuckled more to himself.

"I just want to know why she's doing this." Liam muttered.

"Do you want to know why I think she is?"

Liam nodded, drinking his beverage and looking at Brett, so he knew he was listening.

"I think she's just jealous. You broke up with her because you had a thing for me, and that's also when you realized you were gay. She doesn't like it. She doesn't like that you're happy with someone that isn't her. It's petty as hell, but it's most likely true."