How I want Lydia to realise her feelings for Stiles

It was just another normal afternoon at Beacon Hills high, as normal as it gets in a town full of multiple supernatural beings. Lydia was walking out of chemistry when someone grabbed her by the arm and dragged her into an empty classroom. It was Peter.

"What the hell are you doing?" she exclaimed.

"I need your help" Peter replied.

"What do you want with me?" Lydia asked.

"You're a banshee, I need you to try and contact Talia" Peter said with a sense of urgency.

"And what makes you think I would help you?" Lydia asked in a disgusted voice.

"Oh well how about the fact that I helped save your precious Stiles" he blurted out

"You people really don't give me enough credit."

Lydia looked at him with a smug smile on her face and said, "I don't owe you anything, in fact the way I see it you owe me an apology."

"An apology? For what?" Peter asked as if he already knew the answer.

"For almost killing me, causing me emotional torment, leaving me in the middle of a lacrosse field to die!" She shouted her voice getting angrier by the second. "You know if it wasn't for Jackson I would probably be dead!".

"Hold on, Jackson?" He let out a small laugh then very proudly asked "They still haven't told you have they?" Peter said smiling.

"What are you talking about? Told me what?" Lydia asked as a puzzled look appeared on her face.

"Sweetheart" Peter started to say "Jackson wasn't the one who saved you, it was Stiles." There was a long pause before Lydia finally spoke, "What, no it was Jackson, he carried me of the field, he took me to the hospital he's the one who-",

"Took you to safety." Peter interrupted, "Jackson may have been the hero who carried you away from the battle, but Stiles was the one, who fought for your life."

"What? Stiles saved me?" Lydia asked still in shock.

"Stiles found you on that field, and I gave him a choice." Peter said as he started to reveal what really happened that night. "He could either watch you die or he could come with me and help me find his best friend, and I think we both know which one he picked." Lydia stared at Peter with a look of amazement and confusion. It was Stiles, Stiles had saved her. That was a moment of clarity for In that moment she realised something, Stiles was always there for her, whenever she needed him, he was always the one who protected her no matter what, she realised, she was in love with Stiles.

A few hours later Lydia found herself knocking on the door of the Stilinski household, after a few seconds Stiles answered and Lydia stormed in.

"Why didn't you tell me it was you?" she asked almost tearing up.

"Lydia what are you talking about?" Stiles asked looking even more puzzled than usual. "It was you, you saved me last year, on the night of the dance." she exclaimed as a tear rolled down her eye, a tear of joy and at the same time sadness.

"Who told you?" Stiles asked looking at her with an indecipherable look.

"That doesn't matter!" Lydia exclaimed, her voice trembling. "It should've been you! All this time you let me believe that it was Jackson who saved me, when it was you all along, why would you do that Stiles?"

Stiles looked down and then back at Lydia, "It wouldn't have made a difference, Lydia I didn't tell you that you about me saving you because I didn't care, I didn't care wether you thought it was Jackson, I just wanted you to be safe."

Lydia looked at him in amazement, "But, it could've changed so much between us."

Stiles looked up at her in shock and asked "Really, like what?" Lydia stood there for a second without moving and then she ran up to him flung her arms around his neck, and kissed him. As soon as her lips touched his Stiles threw his arms around her he kissed her back. She took a step back and took a second to gaze into his beautiful eyes, and he did the same. He looked at her with so much love and happiness that a huge smile appeared on his face, and then as Lydia started to blush he cupped the left side of her face in his hand and slowly and gently, he kissed her again. Stiles lifted her of the ground and then gently placed her on the bed, embracing her as he did, as if he never wanted to let go,and he didn't. They were sitting beside each other his hand was placed on her waist and her hands were softly ruffling the back of his head, with their lips still together her hand slowly slipped into his. And in that moment everything was perfect.