chapter four: what kind of feelings?

Clarke's POV

February 1988

I had left the previous day with leaving another number on the receipt and a kind wave goodbye to Bellamy Blake. I feel like I was in high school again with this strong feeling of attraction that was growing towards him.I wanted to see him every day, but I didn't want to come off too strong. Because maybe these feelings were one-sided, maybe he was just being nice. I was crying the other day in front of him-

"What are you writing?" I immediately closed my journal and looked up at Bellamy as he stood over the table with a slice of pie and a milkshake.

"Nothing! School work, it's boring," I said putting my hand over the journal defensively.

"It says 'Clarke's Private Journal,'" he laughed sliding into the other seat in front of me. I flipped it over when I realized it was too late anyways.

"Okay, so what? I have feelings and what feelings I write down are none of your business," I said taking a bite of the delicious pie.

"What kind of feelings," he asked taking the spare spoon he brought, stole a piece of my pie and ate it.

"You did not.."

"I did," he smirked swallowing the bite of pie, my pie.

"You have a lot of nerve," I laughed.

"I want to take you out, Clarke," he said looking into my eyes, not stumbling once over the words. Almost like he had practiced saying it. He probably did.

"You steal my pie and you think can get a date with me?" I joked not knowing how to react. This is what I wanted? Maybe? Yes? He's very attractive-

"I can't shake you from my mind."

"You only got three digits, Blake. I say you need to step up your game a little more," I smiled taking out my pen. He slid the now crumpled receipt over to me.

"Seriously? It's only been like, three times I've written on this and you already crumpled it?' I laughed knowing it would be in the same condition if I had it.

"Oh, bite me," he said taking the receipt back.

"Gladly," I winked. Oh no, too far, too far, TOO FAR-

"You have a lot of nerve," Bellamy replied, trying to imitate my voice.

"I don't sound like that..oh no, do I sound like that?" I groaned as I placed my hands on my face.

"No, you sound like a million angels that decided to sing all in unison," he smiled as I blushed.

"That was an insane amount of cheese, Blake."

"Is that a blush! Clarke is blushing? I need to go tell someone, anyone!"

"I'm not blushing!" I exclaimed dragging his arm so he would sit back down in the booth.

"You so are!"

"No I'm not!"

"It suits you," he said as I blushed even more.

"I hate you," I laughed.

"No, you don't," he smirked.

"You're right, I-"

"Bellamy! It's the lunch rush! What do you think you're doing!" Someone who must have been his boss screamed.

"Duty calls," he said standing up. But before he went back to the kitchen, he did something that no one, I don't even think Bellamy, expected him to do. He raised my hand up to his lips and gently kissed it.

I blushed some more.