Chapter 9: Breaks and Breakups

Narrator's POV

Aphmau ran out of the school and started running to her house, tears streaming down her face.  Her makeup was ruined and she had thrown her mask away on her way out of the building.  The bottom of her dress was ripped and muddy from the street.  It started raining on her way home and by the time she busted through her door, she was soaked and heartbroken.  She tore her gloves and broken heels off and threw them across the room.  Her mother glanced at her from the living room and rushed over to her.  Aphmau just pushed past her and headed up to her room.  She took her dress off and got into the shower just as her mother knocked on her bedroom door.  Aphmau could hear her faint voice.

"Miha?  Are you okay in there?" her voice was barely heard over the sound of running water.

After a few seconds, Sylvanna left, leaving Aphmau to curl up into a ball in the shower.  She cried as hot water poured over her body.

Le Time Skip~

Aphmau turned the water off and toweled her body dry.  She stepped out of the shower to find her favorite pajamas wrapped up in a heating pad.  She smiled weakly as she pulled them on.  They were warm and comfy from the pad.  After a few minutes of staring at herself in the mirror, Aphmau turned away and opened the door.  She sighed heavily and flopped onto her bed.  She was surprised with a quick glance at her alarm clock; it was 3 in the morning.  The exhausted girl curled up in her bed and fell asleep.

THE NEXT DAY~

Sam's POV

I paced outside the gym, waiting nervously for Aphmau.  I was sweating like crazy and trembling.  After about ten minutes, I saw her enter the school.  Her first hour is past the gym, so I thought she would have to pass me, but she was talking to Teony, and what she said made me feel sick.

"Teony, can you go tell the teacher that I'm going to be late?  Ein needs me to show him to the counseling office today." I saw her glance in my direction.

"What's he going to the councilor for?" Teony asked, looking a little surprised.

"I don't know." was all she said before walking away.

"Hi, Sam~kun!" Kawaii~chan's  bubbly voice took me be surprised and I jumped a little.  I turned around and saw Katelyn, Garroth, and Laurence behind Kawaii~chan.  Katelyn was glaring at me a little, but I couldn't tell whether she knew or not.  I smiled.

"H-hey, guys!" I chuckled nervously.

They smiled at me and walked past, running a little to catch up with Aphmau as she rounded the corner.  Lucinda followed them, but stopped right beside me.  She turned around and glared at me.  I gulped.  She knows.

"I saw what happened.  With you and Yuki." she said.  Her voice was laced with venom.  She whirled around and punched me in the face.  I yelled and dropped to the ground.  I cradled my nose and I saw tiny droplets of blood drip to the floor.  Many people were staring and some gasped in shock. "Stay away from my friend, you miserable excuse of a human being!" she stalked off, leaving me with a possibly broken nose.

Aphmau's POV

Ein was waiting for me in front of the office.  He looked focused on something and lifted his head when I approached him.

"You okay?" I stopped at his question.

"W-why wouldn't I be?"

"I can sense your despair," he looked genuinely concerned for me.

"It's nothing....don't worry about it," I grabbed his wrist and started pulling him towards the counselor's.

"Aphmau, what are you doing?" he asked.

"Nuthin." I smiled at him weakly and he stayed silent.  I turned to look at where I was going and I swear I could see him blushing.  We passed a lot of my friends; KC, Garroth, Laurence, Dante, Travis, and Lucinda.  She smiled and hugged me.  All she said was, "Don't worry, I took care of him."

I stared at her.  I let go of Ein's wrist and hugged Lucinda back. "You didn't need t-" the bell rang and I started running, grabbing Ein and dragging him through the halls.

We stopped in front of the counselor's office and I smiled.  Ein doubled over and panted.

"What's wrong, Ein?  Tired?" I teased.

"I'm not used to running that fast so suddenly..." his words were ragged as he struggled to get his breath back.

I sighed and jumped back as Sam ran past me suddenly.  It was like he didn't even know I was there.  I saw tears forming in his eyes, which surprised me.

Ein was staring at me.  The tension was too thick.  I whimpered slightly and ran out of the building, Ein, yelling at me to come back.

I ran for a while.  I was surprised by the sheer amount of running my lungs could handle.

Time Skip~

I held my phone in my hand, trembling as I read the texts.

Aphmau, please answer me!  I swear I didn't kiss Yuki!  She kissed me!

Aph, please answer me, I'm getting really desperate here!

I don't love her!  She's psychopathic and tried to kill me!  Please believe me!

Leave me alone Sam

Aphmau!  You have to believe me!  Please....

I don't have to do anything!  Now stop texting me!

Aph, please.

Goodbye, Sam

I put my phone down and sighed heavily.  I didn't need to waste my time and energy on him.