summer

It was the sixth of June when I met you alone in the park. Your hair was neatly tied in a ponytail, and your legs together with your hands resting on your lap. There weren't too many people, but several persons were wandering and walking around, usually with companion. They would talk to each other as they stroll, unlike you who was sitting alone on a bench with a huge water fountain nearby.

You could see couples holding hands together and would sway it second by second as they happily had a sweet conversation, walking slowly. You could also see an elder woman with her grandson cheerfully pointing to the person holding several balloons in various colors and shapes, as though telling he wanted to buy one. Of course, you couldn't miss a small family taking a stroll together, having a light and random conversation as they walk by. But even with those people, I still ended up staring at you, and you only.

Unlike the people around us who focused their attention on someone, you were only gazing at the sky. Sitting quietly, you were looking above to appreciate the lustrous rays of the sun hitting directly at us. A little smile was drawn to your face as you were looking as if the sunlight didn't blind your eyes. Seeing you admire the beauty of the sky, I slowly tilted my head to see what was making you smile.

Then I was forced to shut my eyes out tightly unlike yours that were at least slightly open. The last thing I saw was the bright beam of the sunlight, and when I regained my clear vision after a moment, you were already in front of me. Being shocked as I was, I immediately took a step backward which made you smile a lot bigger.

"You dropped your handkerchief." Your soft voice said. That's when my eyes looked downwards to see your hands with my white handkerchief extended a bit, filling the gap between us. I returned my gaze at you before taking it, "T-thank you."

I didn't expect myself to be stuttering in front of you. You again wore your bright smile, just like the rays of the sun.

"What's your favorite season?"

I had always hate summer, with no particular reason, but just by seeing how you look at the sky with only the clouds and the sun,

... and how you look beautiful with your bright smile, I gained the reason to love summer.