Liam didn't respond, so I didn't either.

"I said, hey bitches."

We kept walking.

"I know those fucktards hear me... we'll deal with them later."

That didn't make me feel any better, but when I heard Liam laugh, it made me smile.

"I'm not leaving your side at all today," I said.

"When are you never by my side?"

"I could name a few occasions."

I glanced at the fading bruise on his cheek.

"Anyway, stop worrying so much."

"That's what you said the day you got jumped."

He went silent.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"I'm just saying."

"You're always 'just saying'."

He glanced my way with a serious expression.

"Just... trust me... please. I'm keeping my promise not to get into it with him... make me a promise to stop worrying."

I stared into his gray eyes and pondered for a moment.

"Well?"

"Alright."

He smiled and punched me in my shoulder.

( Perspective of Lucas )

I was driving Josh and I somewhere to get lunch, and he had his head resting on the seat.

"You feeling ok?"

"Yea, I'm just tired is all. I need a break from this job."

"Don't we all? Just push through it until today is over."

"I've pushed as much as I can push."

"Push a little more then, you'll get your second wind."

"Did you hear what I said?"

"Yea."

"Alright then... or else I'll push you out of my car and run your leg over."

"You wouldn't."

"Bet."

He just moaned and made a weird motion with his arms in protest.

"I don't like you."

"You love me," I said.

"Lies."

"I love you so much."

"Shut up."

"Josh, I love you... say it back before I really push you out."

"Aren't you supposed to be reserved with your feelings?"

"Well, I'm like a dynamic character in a book, I change throughout the story... and I am reserved, I'm just... we've known each other for years. Now say it back before I really push you out."

"Say what back?"

I sighed and unlocked the car doors, reaching over to his side of the car to open his door.

"I love you too! Gosh!"

"That's what I thought."

"But don't let that give you any ideas."

"Like what?"

"You know."

"I don't, please elaborate."

"Please don't make me." I chuckled.

"I'd never. You're my brother."

"Mmmhmm."

Sometimes I wonder about Josh and his sexuality. The things that he says sometimes, screaming at the top of his lungs, letting everyone know that he's as straight as a pole. If he was secure with himself, he wouldn't have to try and defend himself all the time, letting everyone know that he's straight.

I'm not going to bring it up, but I'll just watch him and see for myself... maybe he'll slip up, if he's gay, and I'll expose him, privately that is.

When we got our food, I parked us in the parking lot of McDonald's. I heard as Josh sighed, taking out his hamburger. He seemed distraught, staring at his burger. I didn't ask him what was wrong, but instead, I kept glancing at him, watching. He didn't even notice me staring as he sheepishly bit into his burger, looking stressed about something. I decided to let it go; if he's dealing with anything, he knows I'm always here to...

"Lucas."

"Uh, Yea?"

He was silent for a while, as if pondering what he was about to say.

"I'm... if there was a guy, hypothetically speaking, and he was... struggling with something...mentally... how would he fix it?"

"Well, it depends on what he's struggling with... is it something that he can change or is it something unavoidable, or unchangeable."

"I'd say, unchangeable."

"Well, If it's unchangeable, the best thing that this guy can do, is find a way to cope with it. The guy could just accept it for whatever it is and learn to love it and deal with it, or he can stress about it and try to do everything to change it, knowing that deep down, he can't."

He sighed.

My mind started to go in different directions. First of all, I know that this guy is himself.

Is he... struggling with his sexuality? Because that's what it's sounding like to me. It's funny because I was just thinking about that. I mean, whatever it is, whenever he's ready to tell me...

I'll be there for him.

I didn't dare ask him why he asked that and what made him think about it.

"Is the burger good?"

"Yea I guess." He looked so sad.

I grabbed his head and pulled his cheek towards my lips. He gasped and glanced over at me as I let him go. He blushed and felt the spot where I kissed him.

"What was that for?"

"You just seem like you need some love and affection," I joked.

"Affection?"

"Not in a weird way... I mean, that was weird of me, but you seem sad."

"So you decided to kiss me?"

"That's what I did isn't it," I said in a matter of a fact tone.

"Anyway, putting my weird actions aside, just know... I'm here for you... any insecurities, personal problems... anything... you know you can trust me and I won't judge you."

"I know."

"Good... want another kiss?"

He seemed to think about for a second, making me smirk.

"N...No..."

"liar."

He covered his face.

"Leave me alone Lucas, dammit."

I want to see how this date with him and Cassandra goes, because it's obvious what's going on; someone's a little confused.