A Jerk On the Loose

Pilsook’s POV

I was happy since finally I was given a chance to sing in front of him. I glance at his direction the same time he looks at my way and smile, giving me the full blast courage I needed. And so I was lost,as I started to think about him— how we first met, how he smile at me everytime our eyes met, how he greeted me 'hi' everytime we bump into each other, how he always held the door for me and how he makes my heart flutter and my cheeks burn in his simple gesture, and I come to the conclusion that I'm totally fallen for him. And so I sang what I really felt.

Day after day, before I fall asleep
You are already waiting for me in my dreams
That long, long time you spent waiting for me
Even more so than that, I love you

Everyday like a sweet day
Find the day oh the fine day

When you see me, you smile and when you smile, you make my heart flutter
I hope that this moment will never end
Love you forever
In my heart, there is always only you

Everyday like a sweet day
Find the day oh the fine day

When I open my eyes, I want to see you and when I meet you, I want to hold you
Without even realizing it, I somehow fell in love
Love you forever
More precious than any other thing, you are my gift

I finish the song with a sweet smile curve on my lips as I once again diverted my gaze toward him but these time he wasn’t looking at me instead she was laughing with her. I felt the sting inside my chest as I look at them.

“Pilsook?”

I look at Mr. Gong and realize I’ve been standing on the front for quiet to long. I bowed down my head as I walk to my sit.

“you did good”, Jin-gook said all smile “what’s with the face?”

I look up at them and caught Hyemi looking at me, she then turns her head to look over her shoulders then glance back at me shaking her head. I knew she saw Jason talking with that girl and I guess she believes that what she told me was really true that I really misunderstand everything.

“so where are you taking us?” Jin-gook asked hyemi as the assessment ended.

“what are you talking about?” Hyemi glared at him before turning to me.

“Kaja!” and she once again pull me with her with Samdong trailing behind us.

“You really did good in the assessment”, she then told me.

“You too, you finally got that feelings in your song”, she stop on her tracks and turn around to face me.

“Thank you”

“eh?” I was dumb folded, I’m not really sure if I heard her right.

“I said thank you— don’t make me repeat it again”, she repeated grumpily but I can’t help but smile.

“For what?”

“well, you kindda help me a little”, she said and once again started walking toward our classroom. I felt really happy hearing it from her. Me? I thought I wasn’t able to help her even though I share her my secret.

“but still—“, she once again stop as she reach the door “you need to make sure of that feelings of yours, there’s a jerk on the loose”, she then said before entering the classroom.

‘a jerk on the loose?’

She really is making me confuse.

“Is she talking about me?” Samdong pop out on my side with his eyes wide open.