Cheshire Cat

Danny was sleeping in the room across from dick and the team in the same hallway at mount justice.

He tossed and turned clutching onto the blanket for dear life.

His breathing quickened and sweat covered his body as let out a murder scream echoing the entire mountain.

Tears ran down his face as he screamed and spoke in Romanian as he screamed.

His door was slammed opened and Wally sped in with Robin.

"Danny! Wake up!" Robin told his brother as Danny continued to yell and cry.

Artemis came in with two cups of water. She splashed one cup on Danny making him spring up screaming.

The other ran in to see what th problem was.

"Shh, it's okay, it's okay," Artemis hopped in the bed and immediately started to cradle him gently and started to hum a melody.

"Falling down the rabbit hole,
Your look for an adventure~" she rocked Danny conformingly and stroked his head gently.

"You run around and meet a mischievous kitty~" danny sobbed burying his face in Artemis as she continued to sing.

"He gives you a grin and you smile right back~

But they warned you about the feline that gives you a surprise attack~

So look out
For the Cheshire Cat~" she finished softly as Danny cried in her arms. She hugged him closely as his cried died down and he sniffled hugging Artemis.

"Your alright, no ones going to hurt you," she whispered to him.

"Do you want to talk about your nightmare?" She asked gently forgetting about everyone that came in the room.

She handed him the water and he took a sip and nodded.

"T-the m-m-mean agents t-tried t-to take me a-again, y-you a-all tr-tried to s-save me but th-they k-killed y-you g-guys! Just like they did to mami and Tati and jazz!" He broke out crying and hugged Artemis again.

"So that's what happened to his adoptive family," Robin muttered.

"They won't take you, I promise that we'll keep you safe," Artemis held his head to her chest.

She let him cry and Megan looked like she wanted to cry so Conner held her close and she let a few tears slip.

Robin sat next to Artemis and ran his fingers through Danny's hair.

"Thank you Artemis," Robin said looking at his friend.

"It's no problem, he shouldn't have to go through this at all but I want to help," she looked down at Danny.

His eyes fluttered closed and his breathing evened out as he snuggled into artemis's side.

"Do you mind if you stay with him?" Robin asked her.

"Of course," she gave him a small smile and Robin stood up looking at Danny and shooed everyone out.

"You going to be okay arty?" Wally asked.

"I'll be fine," she gave Wally a small smile and he nodded and left.

Artemis gently laid down Danny who started to whimper but laid down next to him.

"I'm not going anywhere phantom," she stroked his hair.

"Thank you," he breathed and she smiled.

"Your welcome," Artemis fell asleep with the eight year old.