"Of course, come in." Cole gave her a small grin before he stepped aside to let her enter. As she passed by him with her back to him, he took in a shaky breath as his brain thought up every worst case scenario. Maybe she found out about the bet, or maybe she just didn't want to see him anymore and he wasn't trying hard enough. If any of this happened, the bet would shatter apart and he'd be in even more debt then he already was from student loans. "What did you want to talk about?" He asked as he let the door swing shut behind him.

Charlotte pursed her lips lightly as she took a seat on one of his recliner chairs before she crossed her legs. Externally, she looked cool and collected, yet internally she was an absolute anxious mess. She had no idea what she would do if these accusations weren't true, or even if they were. Charlotte didn't want to believe that Cole was a bad guy, but she didn't want to live a lie for the rest of her college days.

"I'm sorry this was so sudden, I just didn't want to wait any longer." She twisted a piece of her straightened hair between her fingertips as she gazed at Cole, who looked as if he had seen a ghost as he took a seat on the chair opposite of her. "Look, I'm sorry if this is false or not, but it's really been bothering me ever since I heard of this, I guess I'll call it news." She paused for a moment, faltering over her own words already. Honestly, she didn't think she'd crack this easily, but she was slowly breaking down on the scene. "I just need to know if–"

Cole couldn't wait any longer. From all that she had already said, it sounded like she was talking about the bet. A wave of anxiety crashed into him as beads of sweat appeared on his hairline, his leg bouncing at the pause of silence she had. "Charlotte, please just spit it out." Cold said with a gulp, waiting for her with impatience.

Charlotte shot him an irritated look before she finally got the confidence to say what she needed to say. "Kristie told me that her boyfriend, also known as your friend, said that you've slept around with a lot of girls." Her cheeks lightly flushed as she spit it out. A laugh. A single laugh left Cole's lips as he sat there in hysterics across from her. She cocked an eyebrow up before she crossed her arms over her chest. "What's so funny?" She hissed as she cocked a brow at him.

"That's it?" He asked, relief washing over his features immediately, which made him look extremely guilty. Cole reclined in his chair, kicking his socked feet up onto the coffee table in front of him. "The way you came in here all stern had me worried that you were going to come up with some wild story." Another chuckle escaped his pink lips.

She was not at all amused by his actions. He wasn't taking this seriously, and she knew that. With narrowed eyes glaring at him, she decided that she could no longer be anxious about this. If she wanted answers, she was going to make him give them to her. "So, you did sleep with lots of other girls?" Charlotte scoffed with an eye roll, irritation still covering her features. "What do you do with them? What game do you play with them? Sleep and sneak? Fūck and duck? Make them fall in love with you just so that you can break their hearts?" She sneered at him.

Cole's mouth gaped slightly at her openness, and her obscure language use. "Charlotte, that was the old me. You should know that I would never do that to you if that's what you're worried about." He said in a genuine tone of voice, pushing his bangs away from his forehead. "But, to answer your question, I did not up and leave all of them. Some of them left me." He shrugged his shoulders.

She was not going to cave in so easily, no matter how good he looked reclined in the chair across from her. "I thought maybe you had changed when you had asked me on that date to the library." Charlotte shivered just at the thought of him using her just to leave her in the dust. The sight of him leaning forward in his chair sent goosebumps running down her skin. "But I don't want to be used. I don't want to be part of your sick fantasy. I need someone who's not going to use me. How can I trust you when you're notorious for leaving?" And with those words, she stood up on her feet.