CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

( HOGSMEADE )

          "WE ARE GOING TO BE LEARNING ABOUT UNFORGIVABLE CURSES."

          And then a heavy textbook was slammed in front of her, waking her abruptly from the nap that she had dozed off into. She didn't exactly blame the teacher for doing such a unthoughtless thing; she was sleeping during class. However, she would have thought that the infatuation inside her mind would have played out to be real considering that she was one of the few students who actually completed their classwork to a suitable standard and finished all her homework for the teacher for the next day. Others would murmur about her being too much of a "try hard student" but she knew that if they had the courage to say that in her face, they would have done so sooner rather than never.

Mariella didn't want to rush into the details of what had happened in that class, mainly because she was strolling the streets of Hogsmeade to be accompanied by Miaomoryi, Mary and Marlene who had whole heartedly wanted to come purely because she wanted to get to know her properly. ( Poor soul ).

          Lily was supposed to be inside Three Broomsticks due to a purely platonic meeting that was arranged by James, which in her opinion was a pathetic excuse of asking her out on a date. But she was discreetly blushing as it seemed and she agreed nevertheless, leaving her with a girl heaving with an abundance of curls on top of her head, sniggering at their interaction.

After all, all she could do was laugh at the irony of the situation.

"The lesson itself was a bore. The vast majority of it was mainly just a recap from what we studied during our fourth year and I was already known to what the effects of each curse were," Mariella tells them nonchalantly, casting a shovel load of snow to the side as she kicked her feet about. "I suspect that he may have done it on purpose. He was muttering under his breath about how the students he had that academic year were horrible at naming the purposes of them and their incantations. He also spoke quite vividly about the disappointment he felt when he was marking some of the O.W.L.S and N.E.W.T.S because people had forgotten about it.

Mary sniggers. "Then why on earth were you sleeping? Are you not supposed to be quite academic?"

"I was sleeping mainly because I didn't want to have any excuse to speak to him about anything. He already seemed pissed enough with the situation and the fact that I didn't tell him about what happened three to four years ago seems to be irritating him even more." She moves her eyeline to direct itself away from Mary's face of disappointment. Once again, she had mentioned him.

          "Which isn't fair, if I'm being honest," Mia argues to fix the hair that had flown into her eyeline. "He shouldn't be mad at you over something that you chose not to bring up. It was in the past and he should know that it was a sensitive topic to touch on. Even for you."

"I shouldn't have to worry about him and Blake do I?" She questions them and Marlene scoffs.

"You mustn't worry yourself about this. Sirius is known for becoming slightly envious of anything that proves to have more masculinity than himself. He'll get over it sooner or later."

            "I think I should apologise." And she wasn't wrong. It had been her fault that he wasn't on speaking terms anymore. It had been her fault that he had gotten a detention for possibly acting on rage out in the hallways. It had been her fault for not being there for Blake when he was in a bad state for he wouldn't have these sickening emotions for her if she had stayed.