Chapter Thirteen: Bernard.

"Holy shit!" I yelled. My parents turned and faced me.

"Seriously? Not even a 'hello'?" Father asked.

"What are you doing her?" I ask, ignoring my father's question.

"We're here to throw you out. Why else would we be here if not to spend Christmas with you?"

"Oh, so now you remember that we exist." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"What you talking about? Of course we remembered you. You're our children." Mother said.

I scoff." Yeah right. You never called to know how we were doing, when CeCe was terribly sick we called you countless times but you didn't pick up." I say to them."I'm not even sure you love us." Their eyes widen.

"Shit just got real." Jayden whispered to Tyler. Tyler nodded.

"How dare you question our love?" Mother screamed." You know how hard we work to provide for you. And you can not hold us responsible for Cecelia's sickness!"

"Don't you dare say you had work! All you ever do is work! All your excuses have to do with work! I'm sick and tired of you pretending like you love us when I know you don't. If you loved us, you would behave this way." I yelled back.

A sharp pain struck my cheek. My eyes widened in shock. I slowly took my hand up to my cheek as tears fell from my eyes. I turned to face my father.

All my siblings watched as this happened, their eyes were wide, even mother was shocked. No one spoke as all eyes fell on father.

"How dare you speak to us like that?! We are your parents and we have the right to be respected!" Father yelled, his face red with fury." You have no right to shout at us!  We have given you everything you brat, you are such an ingrate!"

"No," I say." You are not my father, you might have given birth to me, and we might have the same blood. But I will never take you as my father! You hear me? Never!" I spat before running up the stairs and into my room to cry.

Suddenly,  I started laughing. I realised how cliché all this was. I started crying again, remembering what the man who calls himself my father did.

And the worst part is, I don't even know what to call him. I can't call him my father because... Well, you know, and I can't call him his name because I don't know it. I guess I'll just ask someone.

I picked up my phone and dialed a number.

"Hello?" Bella's voice came.

"Hey. Um... Do you by any chance know my..." I paused to swallow."father's name?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's Bernard." She replied.

I laugh." That's a pretty shitty name." I sniff.

"Hey,  he's your father." I stopped laughing.

"Uh, I gotta go." I said, sniffing.

"Okay, Kat?" Bella asked.

"Yeah?"

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." I hung up.

There was a knock on my door.

"Don't come in!" I said.

The person came in anyway.

I scowled, seeing who it is.

"Look, I know I'm the last person you want to see right now-"

"Or ever." I interrupt.

"-but I need to talk to you."

"Well I don't want to talk to you." I retort, using the duvet to cover my head. I felt her sitting on my bed.

"Katty," she said."I want to apologise on your father's behalf." Mother said.

"No, mother. He is not my father. He is Benedict." I snap.

She face showed confusion.

"Benedict? Your father's name is Bernard." Oh yeah, I forgot." And when did you start calling me mother?" Okay now in confused.

"I thought you said I should."

"No, I never said that. It was probably because of all those British movies you watched as a kid." She said.

"I loved those." I sigh.

"Yeah, you did."

"Wait, we are totally going off topic, I'm supposed to be hating you so." I said.

"But katty," mom whined."you know I hate it when you're upset. I know I shouldn't have yelled at you like that and it's why I'm trying to make amends." She pouted.

"Look mom, I'm not angry at you, I should be but I'm not. I'm angry at Benedict-"

"Bernard."

"-right. I'm angry at Bernard. He is the one that hit me. If I wanted, I would've hit him back but the guy did give birth to me. I won't forgive him, and I'm still angry, but I'll try not to insult him when we are close to each other. That, I promise." I said.

"That's all I ask. For now at least."

"Hey, mom?"

"Yes katty."

"Why is that up there?" I asked,  pointing to the 'Don't stop believing' thing on the ceiling.

"Oh, that. We put it up there together, when you still thought unicorns were real." She chuckled.

I frowned." They are real." I state.

She just smiled and shook her head, then she stood up, pat my head and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her.

I sigh, lying back down. I could never really stay angry at my mom. It was like Tyler playing a sport, impossible.

I closed my eyes and let sleep take over.

Again, I'm sorry for not updating. But as you can see, I'm trying to fix that.

I hope you liked it.

Vote, comment, share and other chiz.

                       V¶X£N