5

Jihye was walking along the corridors, making her way to class.

"PARK JIHYE!"

Before she could respond, she felt herself being slammed against the locker.

"Well, look who we've got here." Haera, one of the most popular girl in the cohort said.

"Heard the prom is coming. Have you found yourself a date yet?" Haera laughed together with her two other minions, Chanmi and Yebin.

Haera has been picking on Jihye since the very start of school. Since Jihye is a quiet girl, who doesn't like to talk and her amount of friends is close to zero as she is socially awkward, Haera found it easy to pick on her, causing the whole school population to not want to be close to Jihye as they are afraid that Haera might pick on them too. Some of them even hate on Jihye as they're on Haera's side, she's the school's most popular girl after all.

"Also, stay away from Park Woojin. If not, I'll do worst than this." Haera punched Jihye in the stomach, causing her to fall onto the ground. Her minions started to kick her.

Jihye could not do anything to help herself as she is a really weak girl, she does not have the strength and courage to defend herself. Tears started rolling down her cheeks.

Other students were just watching her get beaten up by Haera and did not lend a helping hand as they probably thought Jihye deserved it.

Haera has always had a crush on Woojin and she got jealous over the fact that Woojin is Jihye's seatmate so she picked on her even more often than before.

With one last kick, Haera and her minions left.

Jihye is now alone on the cold hard floor, struggling to get up. She sighed and wiped off her tears.

Because her head was down, she didn't notice when someone stood in front of her. She felt his presence only when his body obstructed the light, casting a shadow over her.

"Are you okay?" A familiar figure asked her and helped her up.

"Thank you, Park Woojin." She smiled.