Chapter One

Beep, beep, beep... Her alarm went off for the third time this morning. Skylar was about to push the snooze button again when her mom walked into her room.

"Sweetheart you have to get up or you're going to be late." She said with her arms folded.

"Ten more minutes mom." Skylar groaned as she pulled the blankets over her head.

She heard her mother sigh and took that as a victory but just as she was falling back into a blissful sleep, her mother opened the curtain from her window. The bright sun streamed in her eyes, now she was fully awake.

"C'mon Skylar I have to come in early for work today and not to mention drop your sister off at school, so unless you want to miss your ride, I suggest you hurry up and get ready." Her mother snapped while walking out of the room.

Skylar sighed and reached for her phone.

'Hey Tiff, still picking me up...???' she texted Tiffany. 

'Of course babe that's what bff's are for!' she replied back. Skylar smiled internally and having thanked her friend, headed for the shower. It's been a while since she and her family had stayed in a town long enough for her to even call someone her "best friend".

After Skylar's dad passed, away seven years ago, her mother had gone back to school and tried to fulfill their monetary needs by working wherever and whenever possible. But it's been three years since they last moved due to her mom's job and she had just started feeling like this place was home.

After getting out of the shower and getting fully dressed Skylar took one final look in the mirror. She decided to wear a low cut black t-shirt that read Text Me in pink bold letters and had paired it with a dark blue denim mini skirt . She brushed her shoulder length hair into a high ponytail and only wore eyeliner and mascara since she was in a rush.

As Skylar was heading down the stairs she heard a car pulling up. She looked out her window expecting tiffany, just to see a truck moving across the street with a blue minivan pulling up behind it. Just as she was about to see who was in the van, Skylar heard her mother yell for her. Having grabbed her phone and bag she hurried down the stairs, slamming the door shut behind her.      

So what do you think? Who do you think Skylar's new neighbors are going to be? Here is a preview of the next chapter.

It was the Second period and today it was going slower than ever. There was only twenty minutes left of class but it felt like hours.

"Ugh I'm going to die of boredom before next period." Tiffany complained.

Skylar laughed at her friend's silly antics causing the math teacher to turn away from the board.

"Ms. Davis, is there something you would like to share with the class?" Mrs.Winterson asked sternly.

"Uh...um...no ma'am."

"Or perhaps you might have the answer for this equation." Mrs.Winterson says while ushering her to come up to the board.

Just as she was standing up, going to the front of the class there was a sudden knock at the door. With relief, Skylar happily sits down as the teacher answers the door.

"Welcome dear, we've been expecting you..."