Chapter Five

Recap:

"Look whatever rumor you heard me is a lie. I wanna show you the real me. Now, I don't about the other guys who treated you bad, but I ain't gonna be one of them. So all I'm asking for one chance to impress you on a date. Just one chance. And if you don't like it, I won't bother you about it ever again."

He looked at me, searching for an answer. I just looked at him. Should I say yes and wait for what's yet to come....or....be rude and say no? I didnt want to say I don't know cause he wants a straight answer. I looked down, then looked back up.

"Essence, what do you say?"

"Ummm....."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sighed.

"Yes."

"What was that?"

"Chris I said yes."

His face brightened up from my answer and he picked me up, twirling me around like a mary-go-round. I smiled as he did.

"Chris, put me down."

"Oh sorry."

He put me down and looked at me with a smile on his face.

"I'm really glad you said yes. I promise you that you would never forget this date."

"You better keep your promise Chris."

"On my life I will."

He looked at his watch.

"Look I'm going to go now so you can finish up your work. Oh and I'll text you later about our date okay?"

"Okay."

He kissed my cheek and I instantly felt a warm feeling inside of me.

"See you later ma."

He turned and left the room, leaving me their with a smile on my face. I was falling for him slowly and I didn't even how or why. Plus I didn't go on the date with him yet. Wow....who knew his charm could affect me so quickly?