Chapter Three

Essence's P.O.V

I don't know what was going on in Chris's mind. He knows that we can't go out, but still he's trying to persuade me. It was my lunch break and I was meeting Ja'Nay at The Grill. It was our favorite spot. I walked to my office to get my things and left to meet Nay. Moments later, I was in front of the restaurant. I parked my car and made my way inside.

"Hello miss. Would you like to make any reservations?", the host said.

"No thank you, I'm just meeting someone here."

"Okay, feel free to look for them."

I just nodded and made my way through the restaurant. Finally after all this damn searching, I spotted her in the corner at the back. I shooked my head and walked over to her.

"Girl why you doing all the way in the back?"

She looked up at me and laughed.

"I don't know. I just like being in the back."

She got up to hug me and sat back down. Then I sat across from her.

"So how's your day going so far?", Ja'Nay said.

"Well, let's see. Because of your crazy ass, I was late for work and almost missed an important meeting. And to top it off, that man assigned me to be Chris Brown's fashion designer."

"Waitttt, THE Chris Brown??"

"No, Chris Brown the football player", I said sarcasticlly.

"No need to be sarcastic chica."

"Yeah I know. Sorry."

"You don't seem to happy about it. What's wrong?"

"Chris tried to ask me out today."

Ja'Nay's eyes almost popped out of her head.

"Today?? He just met you. What did you tell him?"

"What do you think?"

"That you said yes?"

I looked at her like she was dumb.

"I said no because he's my boss now. And if we went out, it will ruin both of our careers."

"I don't know Es. I think you should give him a chance because for him to ask you out on the first day, he must have saw something in you that other girls don't have. And he could probably be nice guy."

"Give him a chance? Please....Even if he wasn't my boss, I still wouldn't give him a chance. He's just like those other players out there."

"How would you know if you don't give him a chance?"

"I don't know. Can you just drop it?", I asked a little bit annoyed.

"Fine, I will. But just think about it."

"Yeah, whatever.", I said as I looked through the window.

I don't why she's saying that I should give him a chance. I'm not risking my job and getting blamed for ruining his. Why can't she that? And no matter what, I am not gonna go out with him even if people tell me that he's a good guy.