"You guys technically haven't been on a date. You can flirt some."

"Fine."
...

When we arrived at the bar, Josh was right by my side, looking disgusted as we walked past a group of people twerking on each other. We sat at the bar and the bartender, Mitch, smiled at me as I glanced his way.

"What's up Lucas. I see you've brought a newbie."

He glanced over at Josh, and I smirked.

"Yea, give him the beginner's drink for right now. He hasn't drank in a while."

"Alright."

Josh sat next to me and glanced around the building, looking anxious.

"Already scoping out the place for females huh?"

"What?"

I glanced to the left and saw a girl five seats down from us; she looked decent, and by that I mean that she doesn't look like she'll bite Josh's head off if he were to approach her.

"What about her," I asked.

I gestured towards the girl and he smiled.

"She looks nice," I said.

The girl was African American, but had just a tad lighter skin tone than Cassandra. She had on glasses and she kind of seemed sad about something.

"Why don't you go talk to her, she looks sad. Cheer her up."

"How," Josh asked, staring at the girl.

"Just introduce yourself and ask her how her day's been. Don't say it in that weird voice that you speak with when you're nervous."

"I'm... I'm not nervous man."

"Sure... go."

He reluctantly got up and walked over to her. I sat and watched as she smiled when he started to speak. He sat down and they started to have a long conversation. She started laughing and Josh was blushing the entire time.

My little boy is all grown up.

"Hey there handsome."

I internally groaned at the feminine voice directed at me. I turned around and saw an obviously drunk woman that was dressed in a revealing red skirt and had a black jacket, barely covering up her red top. She was blonde and had red lipstick on as well.

"Hi," I responded, raising my eyebrow.

I started to walk away before she sat next to me and grabbed my thigh.

"I've seen you around here often, but I'm always caught up with someone else. I could never get a chance to introduce myself. I'm Carla and I want to give you the best night of your life."

Lady please, I'd rather you not.

"No thanks."

"No thanks? You know you want this pus..."

I inwardly cringed.

"Mmmm, no," I said, interrupting her.

"Oh I see, you're one of those queer folks aren't you?"

"Lady, back off of him. He obviously doesn't want your overused lady parts. Go on."

She smirked at Mitch, winking in his direction.

"First of all, I'm not over used... I'm very valued and very open to dating multiple men at once."

"I see," he retorted.

"And as for you, you're missing out on something spectacular."

"I doubt it," I plainly stated.

I drank another shot and glanced away as she walked off.

"She does this a lot. The amount of times you've come in and haven't been bothered by her is amazing. She's the town whore if you haven't heard of her."

"Town whore?"

"Yea, shes into brooding guys like you."

"Brooding huh?"

"Yea, you look menacing."

"Great."

"That's a good thing though, no one would mess with you."

"Didn't stop Carla."

"Nothing ever does."
...

After about two hours, Josh and I left the building and walked to my car.

"How did it go? I saw how the girl was laughing and whatnot."

"Her name is Anita. She's very fun and easy to talk to. I didn't flirt though, and we added each other on Facebook."

"Well, I'm glad."

I drove home and when we arrived, I let Josh in. My dogs ran up and started licking him.

"They remember me."

"Yea, they do huh?"

Josh sat on my couch and I gave him one of the Hamburgers I had left over from the day before.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

We sat in silence.

"So, that guy you were staring at, at the restaurant last night."

"What about him?"

"Are you... into him?"

"I haven't met him personally. He's... I'll see him again soon anyway."

"You going back?"

"Yea, Ill go this Wednesday, hopefully he'll be there."

"I figured you'd go back anyway, the way you were looking at his ass."

I didn't argue this time and just smirked.