Chapter 18

Nobody else really understood. They had to run his face through facial-recognition. But when the detectives realized who it was, they just seemed even more stumped.

'You do know who that is, right?' I whispered into the chaplains ear.

'Well, it looks like Mike's dad, but it can't be.'

'Why not?' I wondered out loud, officially puzzled.

'Because Mr Chong has been in custody for five months. '

I could have kicked a wall; but , of course, I would have just gone right through it. Damn it!

So, we have just hit a solid brick wall. It turns out that their faces only matched at 76% anyway. I woke up sweating this morning; I could not remember my name, or my location. It came back to me after a few seconds. But I'm drifting away, soon, my soul will evaporate. I will no longer be a spirit, I will be nothing. Less than just an empty shell.

I am a ticking bomb, and there is hardly any time left on the clock. I need to find Mike's attacker, or attackers, and expose the horrible things that they have done to people like me; what everyone has done.

The chaplain went to visit Mike again, he said that the shock has worn off slightly. Detective Novak is going to go and get a description from him in the morning. So far, a description might be all they have, and they don't even have it.

I tried to leave the prison early this afternoon, and I was shocked to find that my soul was physically incapable of leaving it's walls. I could not walk through. It was like a force pushing me back. It was painful, something I had not felt since the night that I perished right underneath to Mike's great-grandfather, in that lonely cell. My spirit is trapped in here. I only have one thing left now; finding the guilty masked man behind the hate crimes.

Anyway, moving on from my sob stories.

Mike needs surgery tonight, that is why Novak and Lopez are waiting until the morning to speak with him. They say the drugs they are going to give him will make his head go fuzzy, so he would not remember anything anyway. 

So, I guess all we can do at the moment, is wait. It is painful. Just sitting there, not knowing anything. Just waiting for news.