He shot me a glare and I covered my mouth to hide my undying laughter. "I really didn't mean to."

"I'm glad I don't want more kids."

I grabbed some ice out of the freezer, holding it out to him. He looked down at the ice, and then at me with an annoyed look on his face.

"Come on, I didn't mean to."

He leaned against the counter, making me smile crookedly.

"You called me not-athletic."

"You called yourself that," he said, "I simply agreed. But that's your validation?"

I laughed and he did the same, pulling me into him. I froze, but relaxed into the hug shortly after.

"You know," I muttered, my cheek pressed against his chest, "you called me beautiful once."

I closed my eyes. Idiot.

I could feel the smile on his face. "I don't doubt it."

I smiled and closed my eyes. He was so warm, and somehow, I felt safe around him.

~*~

Santiago

"You're a baby," I said, "you can't know this song."

Adora rolled her eyes, smiling. "Believe it or not, I'm in a music time warp."

I lifted an eyebrow. "Doubtful. Kids your age-"

"You hang around a lot of kids my age?" She asked, looking over at me.

I chuckled. "You'd be surprised how many aspiring journalists I have come to me for newspaper interviews. Or how many eighteen year old boys come to me wanting jobs."

"And now you know why I don't like guys my age," she said, folding her arms over her chest.

Obviously.

"I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning for you," she sang, dancing around the kitchen.

I changed the song, earning a gasp from her. I chuckled, shaking my head. "I don't feel comfortable with you knowing this song."

Her lips curled into a smile as she shook her head. "I know this one by heart!"

She pulled her apron off, throwing it to the side.

"I'm just a bachelor, I'm looking for a partner," she sang, "someone who knows how to ride, without even falling off."

My eyes followed her body moving through the kitchen. She wasn't wrong, she obviously knew this one by heart.

"Come on, lazybones, dance. I know you've danced to this before. You're a man."

I lifted an eyebrow. "A man. Not a male stripper."

"I guess I'll just have to do all the dancing," she said, shrugging. I continued to watch her hips swing to the music.

She pulled me close and I looked down at her, earning a smile.

"Just once if I had the chance," she whispered, "the things I would do to you."

My hands slipped down her sides. "How cute."

I boosted her into my arms and placed her on the counter, pushing her legs open. I stood between them and pulled her lips to mine, slowly trailing my fingertip up her thigh.

We heard the boys running through the halls, so we immediately pulled away from eachother. She smiled as they ran into the kitchen and I quickly paused the music.

"Hey! I sit on the counter when papa's cooking, too!" Josiah said, smiling up at Adora.

I picked him up, making Freddy latch onto my leg.

"You should teach your papa how to cook, because he is terrible at keeping focus."

The boys laughed and I smiled. She jumped down from the counter, grabbing Freddy from my leg. She pressed a kiss to his cheek and he wrapped his arms around her tightly, making Josiah jump down from my arms.

I continued to cook as Adora danced with them in the kitchen. I couldn't help gaze at her with the slightest bit of admiration.

"I wish that I had Jessie's girl!" She sang, "where can I find a woman like that?"

I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face. I completely lost focus as I watched her. I regained my focus, though, when the pan in front of me nearly burst into flames. They looked over at me wide-eyed, the three of them laughing.

"Told you he's terrible at keeping focus," Adora whispered, making the boys giggle.

I knitted my brows together as soon as I felt a familiar feeling that I promised myself I wouldn't feel again.

It happened to only be when I looked at Adora Franklin.

~*~

hi guys! i really hope you enjoyed this cute chapter. i had fun writing it. 😚

i also hope i gave you a good chapter to come home to from school! I know school sucks and after a really long Monday, you just kinda wanna read on wattpad. so here u are!

there will be a LOT going on in the next few chapters so i just wanted to give you guys a few chill chapters and maybe warm ur heart up a little with how Santiago looks at Adora now. :)

love you all so much ❣️ one shot contest starts in 2 days!!! sooo excited i can bareLY KEEP MY PANTS ON

ha. love u.

(Let's pretend this baby is one of the boys look how cute santy is with his kids 😫)