81

y'all

---

richie's breathing is heavy as he waits by the front door. he's not sure what he's going to say. he hasn't planned it one bit, and at the moment, he's regretting that.

eddie knocks softly only a few seconds later, sending richie's heart into overdrive. he twists the knob to reveal the purest looking boy, eyes sparkling genuinely and pink lips pulled up only slightly at the corners. "hi," his voice is sweet and curious.

"hi," richie repeats slowly, shaking himself out of a trance and moving out of the way. "come in."

"how have you been?" eddie wonders as he enters the familiar home and richie shuts the door behind them.

richie doesn't know why he skips the greetings, but he does, bluntly blurting, "i miss you, eds."

eddie looks taken aback, but he recovers quickly and a small smile appears on those pretty lips. "i miss you, too. you know that."

"i know," richie mumbles, dropping his head into his hands. "i just don't know what to do."

"what do you mean?" eddie's eyebrows furrow slightly in confusion.

"i mean," richie groans, pacing his otherwise empty living room. "i just- i don't know! i'm so stressed out. i miss you so much, and you said you would wait for me, and god if that isn't the nicest thing someone's ever done for me. but i'm so unsure, i don't know what i'm supposed to do. i can't let myself get hurt like that again."

eddie's eyes soften. "i know, bubba. i know. i was stupid. a fucking idiot, even. but i'm done that. i'm done the indecisiveness and the fear. i told you that, and i was being one hundred and ten percent honest."

richie can hear the truth behind his words, and god if it doesn't make his heart melt. "i know. and i know you're being honest. you've already been waiting three fucking months. and if that doesn't prove it, i'm not sure what does."

before eddie can reply, richie continues.

"i'm just," his voice is shaking, and he's glad that his house is empty other than him and eddie, as he knows he's close to tears. "i'm scared."

"i know," eddie takes hesitant steps closer. "but we talked about this, remember? ellie is out of the picture, my parents are out of the picture..."

richie shakes his head, slowly at first and then more vigorously. "no," he says, voice strained. "that's not all i'm afraid of."

"what?" eddie is truly confused this time, and his voice shows this. "what do you mean?"

"i'm afraid that you'll leave me and it'll be my fault," richie admits quietly, hanging his head and staring at his socks. "i'm afraid i'm not good enough for you, and you'll find someone better to leave me for. i'm afraid that i don't deserve you and that you're going to be taken away from me because i'm unworthy."

"oh, my god, rich," eddie's eyes are gentle and concerned, and he steps closer, a hand reaching to hold his cheek softly. "you are more than enough. if anything, i'm not good enough. i mean, i've screwed up big time. i'm so lucky to have you, and there is no way you aren't worthy to have me. i'll just be happy if you can accept me again."

"i'm scared," richie shakes his head, tears spilling over his rosy cheeks. his voice raises. "i'm so scared."

"baby, rich, baby, it's okay."

"it's not okay! you're so wonderful and i don't deserve you! i'm eventually going to do something to make you hate me-"

"hey," eddie's soothing voice calms him, but he still keeps his eyes on the ground. "hey," eddie repeats, tilting his chin up. "i could never, ever, hate you. okay? you are amazing, and i will love you with all of me as long as i live."

richie stares into his eyes are if attempting to see if he's being truthful. he can see the sincerity, and his heart is warm, and his stomach does a few backflips, and he sighs in relief and exhaust, dropping his face into eddie's shoulder.

eddie immediately has his arm around him and is pressing soft kissing amongst the curls. "it's okay, baby. it's okay."

richie's breathing is shaky, and it's a mix of the tears and the natural feeling he gets around this boy. "i love you."

"i love you, baby," eddie's tone has an obvious happiness to it, and he pulls richie tighter to his chest. "god, so much."

-
r u crying because same