CHAPTER 34: LEAVING RIVERDALE

Start from the beginning

"Mayor McCoy is nothing but a self-loving, denying bitch" I growled texting Betty back, Jughead looked to me as his hand rubbed my knee, my legs draped over his "what is it?" He asked lean in closer to see my text message. "I'm not doing it, not unless your up there too, Jug" I said shaking my head tossing my phone on the table, Jughead smirked at me "I appreciate the righteous indignation, Anna, I do. But Jubilees aren't my thing" he said continuing to trace thumbs on my knee. "I know, but they should at least still offer. Especially since you helped catch Clifford Blossom" I said the lines in my forehead creasing, Jughead smiled "it's alright, Anna, seriously. I would've said no if they asked anyway" he reached up and smoothed out my creases before returning to my legs.
I let out a sharp breath, my head leaning on his shoulder as I closed my eyes "have you ever left Riverdale?" I whispered. I felt Jughead move and place his arm over my shoulder "no, have you?" He asked, I nodded yes "when I was little, I think it was when my aunt died. I don't really remember, except the leaving Riverdale sign" I said opening my eyes. "Do you wanna go there?" He asked, I leaned up and arched an eyebrow "you want to go to the leaving Riverdale sign?" I questioned. He shrugged "why not? Maybe we can make a snow man" he grinned, my smile widened into a big toothy smile "why not" I shrugged standing up and grabbing my thick jacket.

After we paid Jughead and I headed out to the sign in my car, once we arrived we looked at it. The lettering and the red of maple syrup. We sat on the hood and just stared at it, a comfortable silence between us. I think we needed this, both of us, with everything being so hectic lately it was hard to just sit and breath. Leave ourselves to our thoughts, our hands linked and our breaths hovering like smoke in the air.

"I think this is my favourite thing about Riverdale"

I glanced at Jughead, his eyes still on the sign "why?" I asked. He held my hand and warmed it "it's like a border, between us and the world. And one day, I'm gonna cross it-" he glanced at me giving me a warm smile "hopefully it'll be with you" my cheeks reddened and I looked down at my lap, a contagious smile on my lips.

I looked back up at me "me too" his smile widened at me, he leaned forward and pressed a cold kiss to my lips. His hands warm against my face, my hearted pounded and the butterflies were flying around rapidly, the electric buzz from his fingers and lips making me go numb in the most wonderful ways possible. We squeezed together, my arms wrapping around his neck pulling him closer to me as I kissed back, our bodies becoming heated and his once cold lips warm against my own. He placed his hand behind me and almost without control I leaned back lying on the cold hood, my fingers played with the curls at the back of his neck while his hand rested against my hip, squeezing slightly.
But just as things got heated I pulled back breathlessly, I grinned at him cupping his cheeks my eyes still on his pink lips and his on mine. I wanted to tell him how badly I loved him, it was killing me, those three pesky words just hanging off my lips beginning to be spilled. But I bit them back and all I could possibly muster up was "we should go" pathetic and sad, I know.

Juggie looked up to me eyes and nodded sitting up, I pulled myself up and slid off the hood just as Jughead had.

Marcus's P.O.V

I took a sharp breath, arching my back down and stretching my legs out waiting for the gun to go off. I shuddered shaking my head, swallowing the lump in my throat. Swear dripped down from my hair, my forehead damp with the salty liquid. My fingers grazed the dirt beneath me and I took another breath, I closed my eyes.

BANG

I opened my eyes, but I wasn't at school on the track, instead I was at the crumby apartment my dad had stayed at. The carpet crunched under my feet as I slowly walked around the bed, my eyes filled with terror, but it was there. His foot hung out and the stain of blood on the carpet made my eyes water, a shuddery breath left my lips forming into a sob. I finally saw his full body, his eyes wide open and his mouth slightly opened, the bullet hole in his head still leaking blood as he lay, lifelessly on the ground. I crouched cupping my mouth trying to get my breathing under control, hot tears began dripping down my cheeks as I looked at him, the splatter of blood still on the wall.
I looked to my side seeing the gun lying next to me, staring at me knowing what I had done. Slowly I reached for it and grasped it in my hands feeling the weight, I stood up tossed it on the bed. I closed my eyes for a few seconds and when I finally opened I looked down where my fathers body lay, only it wasn't there, but someone else's body was.