CHAPTER 8

CHAPTER EIGHT

I nod. My heart races and I do not know if he heard everything. Calm down Kathy, he didn't hear anything. Shit! I can't fool myself! I know he heard it!

"You there for a long time?"

"Well actually yes" Shit. He heard it. He really did. Shall I ask him? Or should I not open that topic? Shit.

"So you heard what are we talking about?"

"Partially"

"Oh, you want to eat?" I asked, trying to sound calm. Where did that came? Say something Katherine! But I can't think well when I'm uneasy.

"No, I'm full." He said; he sat on the side of my bed. He looked at me his hands both resting on sides

"Can we talk?" he added.

"Sure. So what are we up to?" I try to sound calm but deep inside I am nervous, so much nervous. What does he want to talk about? What am I gonna do? Drown on your bed Katherine. Now.

"Well, this is about what I heard in your conversation with your best friend"

"Sorry, I did not mean to listen"

"I can't do anything since you've already heard" I smirked and he did to. I move going to the left side of the bed offering him to rest beside me and after I moved he lay down beside me, he put his phone and wallet on the table, lots of shitty things inside a guy's pocket, he removed his shoes and crossed his legs.

"So, are you really getting bored here? You can go wherever you want, if you want to go out of the country, you know, to relax. I don't want you to imprison yourself here Kathy" he looked at me his hands holding one another and resting on his stomach.

"All expenses paid?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, Money is not an issue. It was never an issue"

"Please Jeanne, I actually do not want you spending on me, whole my life I am really working hard to get what I want, things that I get so easily do not make sense."

"It is a husband's duty to provide all the needs of his family."

"It's fine if you give me gifts rarely but please let me spend what I have for myself." Besides a family means a mother, father and a child but we do not have a child so we are not a family.

"Okay. I'm sorry." He said

"No, I am sorry" I said and he looked curious, not sure about what am I talking about.

"For?" he sounds like he has no idea at all, then raised an eyebrow.

"For being selfish, I believe you entered in this agreement because you've met a woman you;ve closed a deal with and when you asked her about it...she's...just... too ready to get married...without even thinking if this man agrees to marry her."

"Kathy, It's my choice when I showed up there to show you the agreement and when I show up in the aisle to marry you"

"Still, I'm sorry. I believe you deserve a better woman and I actually destroyed it just because I was too selfish."

"Never ever say that again. Whenever I make decisions I make sure that my decision weighs more than those one thousand options which I did not choose. "

I did not respond. I want to respond but no right words are forming in my mind right now. I feel guiltier since he never showed a bad attitude nor even blame me for being stuck at this marriage.

"We've been together for a little while but we haven't talked much about ourselves. So do you mind if I ask?"

"No" I shake my head "ask anything."